Semën Samsonovich Kutateladze
October 2, 1945 |
|Institutions||Sobolev Institute of Mathematics, Novosibirsk State University|
|Alma mater||Novosibirsk State University|
|Doctoral advisor||G.Sh. Rubinstein|
Semën Samsonovich Kutateladze (born October 2, 1945 in Leningrad, now St. Petersburg) is a mathematician. He is known for contributions to functional analysis and its applications to vector lattices and optimization.   In particular, he has made contributions to the calculus of subdifferentials for vector-lattice valued functions, to whose study he introduced methods of Boolean-valued models and infinitesimals.
He is professor of mathematics at Novosibirsk State University, where he has continued and enriched the scientific tradition of Leonid Kantorovich.     His father was a heat physicist Samson Kutateladze.
Selected books and articles
- Bair, Jacques; Błaszczyk, Piotr; Ely, Robert; Henry, Valérie; Kanovei, Vladimir; Katz, Karin; Katz, Mikhail; Kutateladze, Semen; McGaffey, Thomas; Schaps, David; Sherry, David; Shnider, Steve (2013), "Is mathematical history written by the victors?" (PDF), Notices of the American Mathematical Society, 60 (7): 886–904, arXiv: , doi:10.1090/noti1001.
- Gordon, E. I.; Kusraev, A. G.; Kutateladze, S. S. Infinitesimal Analysis. Updated and revised translation of the 2001 Russian original. Translated by Kutateladze. Mathematics and its Applications, 544. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, 2002.
- Kutateladze, S. S. Fundamentals of Functional Analysis. Translated from the second (1995) edition. Kluwer Texts in the Mathematical Sciences, 12. Kluwer Academic Publishers Group, Dordrecht, 1996.
- Kusraev, A. G.; Kutateladze, S. S. Subdifferentials: Theory and Applications. Translated from the Russian. Mathematics and its Applications, 323. Kluwer Academic Publishers Group, Dordrecht, 1995.
- Kutateladze, S. S.; Rubinov, A. M. Minkowski Duality, and Its Applications. Russian Math. Surveys, 1972, V. 27, No. 3, 137–191.
- Kutateladze S.S. Choquet boundaries in K-spaces. Russian Math. Surveys, 1975, V. 30, No. 4, 115–155.
- Kutateladze S.S. Convex operators. Russian Math. Surveys, 1979, Vol. 34, No. 1, 181–214.
- Kutateladze S.S. What is Boolean valued analysis? Siberian Advances in Mathematics, 2007, Vol. 17, No. 2, 91–111.
- Kutateladze S.S. The tragedy of mathematics in Russia.Siberian Electronic Mathematical Reports, 2012, V. 9, A85–A100.
- Kutateladze S.S. Harpedonaptae and abstract convexity. Journal of Applied and Industrial Mathematics, 2008, Vol. 2, No. 2, 215–221.
- Kutateladze S.S. The Farkas lemma revisited. Siberian Math. J., 2010, V. 51, No. 1, 78–87.
- Kutateladze S.S. Leibnizian, Robinsonian, and Boolean valued monads, Journal of Applied and Industrial Mathematics, 2011, Vol. 5, No. 3, 365–373.
- Kutateladze S.S. Nonstandard analysis: its creator and place. Journal of Applied and Industrial Mathematics, 2013, V. 7, No. 3, 287–297.
- John L. Bell
- Paul J. Cohen
- Jerome Keisler
- Model theory
- Influence of non-standard analysis
- Nikolai Luzin
- Leonid Kantorovich
- Sergei Sobolev
- Aleksandr Danilovich Aleksandrov
- Dana Scott
- Aleksandrov, A. D.; Ladyzhenskaya, O. A.; Reshetnyak, Yu. G. (1997). "Semën Samsonovich Kutateladze (on his 50th birthday)". Russian Math. Surveys. 52 (2): 447–450. MR 1480167.
- Gutman, A. E.; Kusraev, A. G.; Reshetnyak, Yu. G. (2005). "On the nth birthday of Semën Samsonovich Kutateladze for n=60". Sib. Èlektron. Mat. Izv. 2: A.12–A.33. MR 2178006.
- About Kutateladze in Russian
- Leifman, Lev J., ed. (1990). Functional analysis, optimization, and mathematical economics: A collection of papers dedicated to the memory of Leonid Vitalʹevich Kantorovich. New York: The Clarendon Press, Oxford University Press. pp. xvi+341. ISBN 0-19-505729-5. MR 1082562.
- Kutateladze, S.S., "The World Line of Kantorovich", Notices of the ISMS, International Society for Mathematical Sciences, Osaka, Japan, January 2007.
- Kutateladze, S.S., "Kantorovich's Phenomenon", Siberian Mathematical Journal '' (Сибирский мат. журн.), 2007, V. 48, No. 1, 3–4, November 29, 2006.
- Kutateladze, S.S., "Mathematics and Economics of Kantorovich"