Semenic-Cheile Carașului National Park
|Semenic-Cheile Carașului National Park|
|Parcul Național Semenic-Cheile Carașului|
|Area||35.66480 hectares (88.1296 acres)|
The Semenic-Cheile Carașului National Park (Romanian: Parcul Naţional Semenic-Cheile Caraşului) is a protected area (national park category II IUCN) situated in southwest Romania, in Caraş-Severin County.
Semenic-Cheile Carașului National Park with an area of 35.664,80 ha was declared protected area by the Law Number 5 of March 06, 2000 (published in Romania Official Paper Number 152 on April 12, 2000) and represents a mountainous area (canyons, caves, pit caves, sinkholes, ridges, valleys, pasture, forests) what shelters a large variety of flora and fauna, some of the species endemics (the Semenic flower) or very rarely.
Protected areas included in the park: Cheile Carașului (578 ha), Groposu (883,60 ha), Bârzavița (3.406,90 ha), Buhui-Mărgitaș (979 ha), Cheile Gârliștei(517 ha), Izvoarele Carașului (578 ha), Izvoarele Nerei (5.28 ha), Buhui Cave (0,10), Comarnic Cave (0,10), Popovăț Cave(0,10) and Răsuflătoarei Cave (1,10).
The park contains one of the largest areas of virgin beech forests in Europe.
- European route E70-Bucureşti - Craiova - Drobeta-Turnu Severin - Orşova - Topleţ - National road DN6 - Mehadia
- eunis.eea.europa.eu - Semenic-Cheile Caraşului National Park - coords; retrieved on June 06, 2012
- protectedplanet.net - Semenic-Cheile Caraşului National Park - location; retrieved on June 06, 2012
- (Romanian) apmcs.anpm.ro - Agenţia pentru Protecţia Mediului Caraş-Severin; retrieved on June 09, 2012
- (Romanian) cdep.ro - Legea Nr.5 din 6 martie 2000; retrieved on June 09, 2002