From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This November 2009 does not cite any references or sources. (November 2009)|
Semi-casual dress may include:
- Loafers or cap toe shoes. Sandals may also be appropriate in warm weather.
- Dark socks are still considered de rigueur for men. Women are given more leniency to wear light colored stockings, especially in warm weather.
- Trousers in a smooth material or corduroy. Women are allowed skirts or dresses.
- A button-front dress shirt, sweater, polo shirt, or sweater vest. Again, women are given more leniency, and are often allowed to wear a T-shirt if it is of a luxurious material. Men may wear a necktie, but it is certainly not expected.
- Almost any kind of coat or hat may go with semi-casual dress in inclement weather. However, a top hat or a woman's Easter bonnet would be decidedly too formal.
- In most contexts, excessive jewelry is considered out of place with semi-casual dress. Traditionally, this is especially true for men.
- Hair dyed in artificial colors and heavy cosmetics are generally considered inappropriate for semi-casual wear, although some offices exhibit leniency.
Jeans and tennis shoes can be acceptable, but they must be chosen carefully as they can be too informal for semi-casual.