|Comune di Seminara|
|Metropolitan city||Reggio Calabria (RC)|
|Frazioni||Barritteri, Sant'Anna di Seminara|
|• Mayor||Antonio Bonamico|
|• Total||33.85 km2 (13.07 sq mi)|
|Elevation||290 m (950 ft)|
|• Density||80/km2 (210/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Seminara is a comune (municipality) in the Province of Reggio Calabria in the Italian region Calabria, located about 90 kilometres (56 mi) southwest of Catanzaro and about 30 kilometres (19 mi) northeast of Reggio Calabria.
The Battle of Seminara in the First Italian War occurred near the town in 1495. Seminara was also the birthplace of Barlaam of Seminara and Leontius Pilatus, who were two of the most important Byzantine scholars of the Renaissance period.
- Barlaam of Seminara (14th century Greek scholar, humanist, philologist and theologian)
- Leontius Pilatus (14th century Greek scholar, philosopher and theologian)
- "Superficie di Comuni Province e Regioni italiane al 9 ottobre 2011". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "Popolazione Residente al 1° Gennaio 2018". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- All demographics and other statistics: Italian statistical institute Istat.
|This Calabrian location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|