This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (November 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Semper Paratus is a Latin phrase, meaning "Always Ready". Sometimes shortened to Semper P. It is used as the official motto of some organizations, such as the United States Coast Guard. A 1928 song of the same name is also used as the U.S. Coast Guard's official march, and appears on the organization's flag.
- Semper Paratus is the motto of The Royal Hamilton Light Infantry (Wentworth Regiment) of the Canadian Army formed in 1862 and headquartered at the James Street Armoury in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
- Semper Paratus is the motto of The Brockville Rifles a Primary Reserve infantry regiment of the Canadian Army formed 5 October 1866 and headquartered at the Brockville Armoury in Brockville, Ontario, Canada.
- "Semper Paratus" is also the motto of Galt Collegiate Institute (GCI) in Cambridge, Ontario, the first high school in Canada to become a Collegiate Institute (established 1852).
- Semper Paratus is the motto of Royal Hong Kong Auxiliary Air Force, it is also userd by Hong Kong Government Flying Service.
- Semper Paratus is the motto used by numerous armigers, including the Barons Clifford of Chudleigh, Armytage baronets, of Kirklees, Yorkshire, and Elphinstone baronets, of Sowerby, Cumberland.
- Semper Paratus is the motto of the United States Coast Guard, and is the title of their marching song "Semper Paratus".
- It is the motto of the U.S. Army 16th Infantry Regiment, Fort Riley, Kansas.
- It is the motto of the Long Beach (California) Fire Department.
- It is the motto of the Bradford County Sheriff's Office of Emergency Management (Starke, Florida).
- It is the motto of Fire and Rescue Service, Queensland, a part of Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
- Canadian Forces Publication A-DH-267-003
- "Winged dragon: The history of the Royal Hong Kong Auxiliary Air Force". www.britishempire.co.uk. Archived from the original on 2020-02-09. Retrieved 10 January 2021.
- The General Armory of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales, Bernard Burke, Harrison & Sons, 1884, pp. 25, 204, 324
- "Semper Paratus" (Always Ready)
- Special Unit Designations
- Canadian Forces Publication A-DH-267-003 Insignia and Lineages of the Canadian Forces. Volume 3: Combat Arms Regiments
- ""Semper Paratus" (Always Ready)". Coast Guard History - FAQ's. U.S. Coast Guard Historian's Office. Retrieved 27 April 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Special Unit Designations". United States Army Center of Military History. 21 April 2010. Archived from the original on 9 June 2010. Retrieved 17 July 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)