|Region||Central Region of Uganda|
|• Member of Parliament||Edward W. Sempala Mbuga|
|Elevation||1,180 m (3,870 ft)|
|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
Semuto is approximately 36 kilometres (22 mi), by road, northwest of Matugga on the Matugga–Kapeeka Road. This is approximately 55 kilometres (34 mi), by road, northwest of Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest city. The coordinates of the town are 0°37'12.0"N, 32°19'40.0"E (Latitude:0.620000; Longitude:32.327778).
The road is 42 kilometres (26 mi) long, linking Matugga in Wakiso District to Kapeeka in Nakaseke District. The road goes through Gombe in Wakiso District and Semuto. The road was upgraded from gravel to bitumen at an estimated cost of US$20 million. 65 percent of the funding was provided by the government of Uganda, while 35 percent was provided by the Nordic Development Fund. The work was carried out by China Chongqing International Construction Corporation. COWI A/S, a Danish consultancy firm, supervised the work. Construction was completed in late 2011.
Points of interest
The following additional points of interest are found within the town limits or close to the edges of town:
- offices of Semuto Town Council
- Matugga–Kapeeka Road, going through the middle of town
- Semuto central market
- Semuto Health Center IV, a health facility administered by the Uganda Ministry of Health
- Semuto Church of Uganda, a place of worship belonging to the Church of Uganda
- Hudani Manji Limited, a chicken processing factory
- "Road Distance Between Matugga And Semuto With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- "Map Showing Distance Between Kampala And Semuto". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- Google (15 July 2015). "Location of Semuto at Google Maps" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 15 July 2015.
- Kiwanuka, Frederick (9 December 2008). "Chinese firm to construct 41km Semuto-Matugga road". New Vision. Retrieved 15 July 2015.
- Luwaga, Brian (5 August 2013). "Tension As Semuto Town Clerk is Reinstated". Uganda Radio Network. Retrieved 15 July 2015.
- Wandera, Stephen (27 November 2014). "Museveni adds voice to Uganda's push For full trade access to Kenya". The EastAfrican(Nairobi). Retrieved 15 July 2015.
- Wandera, Stephen (27 November 2014). "President Museveni: We can block Kenyan goods". Daily Monitor Mobile. Kampala. Retrieved 15 July 2015.