Despite publishing only one book of poems (he died of tuberculosis at age 24), Nadson enjoyed a significant success, although underrated by critics for long time. His Poem "Pora" ("It Is Time" in English), was set to music by Sergei Rachmaninoff (Op.14, No. 12). Some of his other poems were also incorporated into songs by Sergei Rachmaninoff, César Cui, etc.
- Rosenthal, Herman; Waldstein, A. S. (1905). "NADSON, SIMON YAKOVLEVICH". In Singer, Isidore; et al. (eds.). The Jewish Encyclopedia. 9. New York: Funk & Wagnalls. p. 140.
- "Category:Nadson, Semyon - IMSLP/Petrucci Music Library: Free Public Domain Sheet Music".
Media related to Semyon Nadson at Wikimedia Commons
- Several poems by Nadson translated into English
- A Nadson poem (Russian)
- Short Nadson biography and list of poems (Russian)
- Article on Nadson's death (Russian)
|This article about a poet from Russia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|