Senahid Halilović (born 22 March 1958 in Kladanj, Bosnia and Herzegovina) is a Bosnian linguist. Senahid Halilović studied at the University of Belgrade where he acquired his PhD in Dialectology, exploring the East-Bosnian dialect. He has published over one hundred professional and scientific papers in the field of dialectology and he speaks Russian, German, and English.
Orthography of the Bosnian language
He is best known for his contribution to the standardisation of the Bosnian language. His best known works are Orthography of the Bosnian language (Pravopis bosanskog jezika), The Bosnian language (Bosanski jezik) and Grammar of the Bosnian language (Gramatika bosanskoga jezika). Characteristics of this spelling is equidistance towards the Croatian and Serbian spelling and morphological prescriptions, and expressions that are held for the typical Bosnian norm (formalisation of the phoneme "h" in certain words in the Bosnian language as seen in the words mehko, lahko, kahva, mahrama).
Halilović is a founding member and current president of the Slavic Committee in Bosnia and Herzegovina. In September 2008, the Slavic Committee was officially inducted into the International Slavic Committee (MSK), a worldwide community of Slavic Association. Halilović is signatory of the Declaration on the Common Language of the Croats, Serbs, Bosniaks and Montenegrins.
- Bosanski jezik, Baština, Sarajevo 1991.
- Pravopis bosanskoga jezika, Preporod, Sarajevo 1996.
- Bosanskohercegovački dijalektološki zbornik : Govorni tipovi u međuriječju Neretve i Rijeke dubrovačke - knjiga VII, Institut za jezik, Sarajevo 1996.
- Gnijezdo lijepih riječi: Pravilno - nepravilno u bosanskom jeziku, Baština, Libris, Sarajevo 1996.
- Gramatika bosanskoga jezika, Dom štampe, Zenica 2000.
- Govor grada Sarajeva i razgovorni bosanski jezik, Slavistički komitet, Sarajevo 2009. COBISS 17575430
- "Senahid Halilović, predsjednik Slavističkog komiteta - Slavistički komitet u BiH". www.slavistickikomitet.ba. Retrieved 24 June 2018.
- "O Slavističkom komitetu - Slavistički komitet u BiH". www.slavistickikomitet.ba. Retrieved 24 June 2018.
- Halilović, Senahid (26 April 2018). "Halilović za N1: Dužni smo osluškivati javnu riječ" [Halilović for N1: We Have to Listen to the Public Word]. TV show N1 na jedan (host Nikola Vučić) (in Serbo-Croatian). Sarajevo: N1 (TV channel). Retrieved 26 June 2019. min 19:34
- Signatories of the Declaration on the Common Language, official website, retrieved on 2018-08-16.
- Gramatika bosanskoga jezika Archived 2011-11-19 at the Wayback Machine