The Senate of Albania (Albanian: Pleqësi) was a senate of Albania which independence was declared on 28 November 1912 in Vlorë (then Ottoman Empire, today Republic of Albania). The senate was established on the 4 December 1912 by the Assembly of Vlorë. It was composed of 18 members of the assembly and had advisory role to the government of Albania.
- Kosovo: Salih Gjuka, Bedri bej Ipeku, Hajdin bej Draga,
- Monastir: Vehbi Dibra
- Shkodër: Hajredin bej Cakrani, Shefqet bej Daiu, Dervish Biçaku, Xhelal bej Koprencka, Mustafa Merlika-Kruja, Murat bej Toptani,
- Janina: Babë Dud Karbunara, Veli Këlcyra, Kristo Meksi, Eqerem bej Vlora, Ilias Bey Vrioni, Sami Bey Vrioni,
- Albanian colony of Bucharest: Dhimitër Zografi, Dhimitër Berati
- Giaro, Tomasz (2007). "The Albanian legal and constitutional system between the World Wars". Modernisierung durch Transfer zwischen den Weltkriegen. Frankfurt am Main, Germany: Vittorio Klosterman GmbH. p. 185. ISBN 978-3-465-04017-0. Retrieved January 24, 2011.
From its own members congress elected a senate (Pleqësi), composed of 18 members, which assumed advisory role to the government.
- Schmidt-Neke, Michael (1987). Enstehung und Ausbau der Königsdiktatur in Albanien, 1912-1939. Oldenbourg Wissenschaftsverlag. p. 321. ISBN 978-3-486-54321-6. Retrieved 5 February 2012.
Senat (Pleqësi) von 1912...
- Nosi, Lef. "Dokumenta historike për t'i shërbye historiës tone kombëtare.". Retrieved 6 February 2012.
|This article about politics in Albania is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|