Send the Pain Below
|"Send the Pain Below"|
|Single by Chevelle|
|from the album Wonder What's Next|
|Released||January 28, 2003|
|Chevelle singles chronology|
"Send the Pain Below" is a song by Chevelle and was released as the second single from their second album Wonder What's Next. The song is considered their most successful where it first hit No. 1 on Modern Rock Tracks chart on July 5, 2003 for 1 week and stayed on the chart for 36 weeks, then it hit No. 1 on the Mainstream Rock Tracks chart a week later on July 12, 2003 for 4 non-consecutive weeks and stayed on the chart for 35 weeks. It hit No. 65 on the Billboard Hot 100 where it charted lower than their prior hit "The Red" at No. 56, but "Send the Pain Below" was considered more successful on the rock and alternative charts and it still had more pop success despite charting lower on the Hot 100.
The song's music video, directed by Jeff Richter, revolves around a snowboarder and his difficulties in striving for excellent performance. The band is seen playing the song in a dark room, with their breath creating fog in the cold air.
|US Billboard Hot 100||65|
|US Billboard Modern Rock Tracks||1|
|US Billboard Mainstream Rock Tracks||1|
- List of Billboard number-one alternative singles of the 2000s
- List of Billboard Mainstream Rock number-one songs of the 2000s
- Grierson, Tim. "Top 10 Essential Alt-Metal Songs". About.com. Archived from the original on March 3, 2016. Retrieved December 27, 2018.
- "Donkey Konga 2 - Song List (U.S. Version)". IGN. Retrieved May 6, 2018.
- "Chevelle Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved May 6, 2018.
- "Chevelle Chart History (Alternative Songs)". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved May 6, 2018.
- "Chevelle Chart History (Mainstream Rock)". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved May 6, 2018.
- on YouTube
|This 2000s rock song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|