Sendik's Food Market
Number of locations
|Ted, Patrick, and Nick Balistreri, Owners|
|Products||Bakery, dairy, deli, frozen foods, general grocery, meat, pharmacy, produce, seafood, snacks|
Number of employees
Sendik's was founded in 1926. It prides itself on being locally owned and being in touch with the communities it serves. Sendik's was named the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel's Top Employer in 2012 and has kept the award every year since. It opened its first smaller-size store under the Fresh2Go banner in late 2015. Also in 2015, Sendik's became the first grocery store in Wisconsin to convert food waste into energy.
- "Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Top Workplaces 2017 - Sendik's Food Markets". TopWorkplaces. Retrieved 2017-05-23.
- "Sendik's plans to keep growing". Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Retrieved 2017-05-23.
- "Sendik's to open Fresh2Go convenience store in Hales Corners". Retrieved 2017-05-23.
- "Sendik's Food Markets launch program to transform food waste into energy". OnMilwaukee.com. Retrieved 2017-05-23.
- "Sendik's Food Markets, LLC: Private Company Information - Bloomberg". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2017-05-23.
- "A sneak peek inside Sendik's ahead of its Sunday opening at The Corners". Brookfield-Elm Grove Now. Retrieved 2017-05-23.
- "Balistreri Sendik's Markets Back MACC AGAIN! - MACC Fund". MACC Fund. 2014-10-27. Retrieved 2017-05-23.