|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (February 2009)|
|Headquarters||Irvine, CA, USA|
|Products||E-mail Security Platform (ESP)|
Sendio is an Newport Beach, California-based e-mail security company. The privately held company was founded in 2004 by Tal Golan, who currently serves as the company’s President and CTO. By using Sender Address Verification technology, Sendio provides an e-mail security solution which stops spam, viruses, malware, phishing attacks and unsolicited e-mail from reaching the e-mail inbox. In February 2007, Sendio received $4 million in venture capital funding from Vicente Capital, Shepherd Ventures and Athenian Venture Partners. Former Microsoft CIO Rick Devenuti was appointed to the Board of Directors at Sendio in 2007.
Sendio’s E-mail Security Platform, (formerly named I.C.E. Box) is an appliance solution which eliminates spam and viruses. The E-mail Security Platform (ESP) uses a verification model with first-time, unsolicited senders and scans for viruses and phishing in both directions. Outbound message recipients are added to the user’s personal accept contact list. Once authenticated, all subsequent messages from that sender are assured of reaching the recipient’s inbox.
ESP combines Silverlisting, a technology which includes a set of low-level SMTP tests to determine the legitimacy of the sending e-mail server, and Sender Address Verification, which verifies the authenticity of first-time, unsolicited senders, and introduces a human element into the process. This combination of Silverlisting and SAV prevents 100% of spam.
ESP employs a verification model similar to the one embraced by millions of social networking users, such as Facebook and LinkedIn, and the “buddy” list model used by leading instant messaging providers such as Skype, Yahoo!, Google and AOL.
Sendio was named an as an emerging vendor by CRN Magazine in the security technology sector in June 2008.
- John Breeden (2006-11-06). "Defend against a billion spammers (and win)".
- Robert Faletra (2007-10-29). "I Need Your Help To Fix My Spam Problem".
- Scott Austin (2007-10-17). "Helping Startups Win Investors". The Wall Street Journal.
- Trudy Walsh (2007-10-15). "E-mail Security App Thwarts Spam".
- Kelly Jackson Higgins (2007-10-15). "Sendio Launches Email Security Platform".
- Fahmida Y. Rashid (2008-04-21). "Review: 3 Ways To Kill Spam Dead".
- Logan G. Harbaugh (2008-04-09). "Lab test: Sendio I.C.E. Box".
- Tom Keating (2008-01-16). "Sendio I.C.E. Box anti-spam appliance review".
- John Breeden (2006-12-11). "And the best of the best is ...".
- "Winners of the Tomorrow's Technology Today Awards".
- "2008 CRN Emerging Vendors: The List". 2008-06-27.