|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Sengipatti is a village in Budhalur taluk of Thanjavur district, Tamil Nadu. It is located 23 kilometres from Thanjavur and 33 kilometres from Tiruchirapalli on the Tanjore–Trichy road. The village is the most westerly-located in Thanjavur district and is situated on the frontier with Tiruchirapalli district. It is one of the developing villages and has more industries. Actually Sanoorapatti is a prime spot located on national highway of Trichy and Thanjavur, Sengipatti is located 1 km from Sanoorapatti and National Highway. But people used to include and call Sanoorapatti also with Sengipatti Village. It is a main junction of bus routes for Thanjavur, Trichy and Pudukottai districts.
- Temple - MUMOORTHI AALAYAM ( Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva) with lord Shiva as Uyyakundeeswarar located in Pudukariapatti village, 3 km from Sengipatti.
- Hospital - GOVT. Tuberculosis HospitalL known as TB Sanatorium.
- Schools - Government Higher Secondary School, Divya Merkondar Matriculation School Located on Trichy–Tanjore National Highway of Sanoorapatti.
- Marriage halls - Oviya Mahal located in Pon. Ka. Shopping Plaza, Sanoorapatti.
Hotels - Vasantha virundhu,located 2km from sengipatti to trichy national highway.
- Education Centre - Best Computer Training Point located in Neelaveni Complex, GK Road,Sanoorapatti,Sengipatti.
- Mobiles Centre - Best Mobiles & Xerox located in Annam Complex, GK Road,Sanoorapatti,Sengipatti.
In 2012, Govt of Tamil Nadu announced the new govt. engineering college for Sengipatti. Its economic growth level is better while comparing its nearby small towns like Gandharvakottai and Vallam.
As per the 2001 census, sengipatti had a population of 3865 with 1937 males and 1928 females. The sex ratio was 995 and the literacy rate, 61.86. Ms Kannaki Nandhakumar is the president of that village. she is the very bold lady. she belongs to MDMK. she gave education to the poor children. Also she gave enployement to the poor people
Latitude 10.7167 Longitude 78.9500 Altitude (feet) 255 Lat (DMS) 10° 43' 0N Long (DMS) 78° 57' 0E Altitude (meters) 77 Time zone (est) UTC+5:30 Pincode: 613402
- "Primary Census Abstract - Census 2001". Directorate of Census Operations-Tamil Nadu.
|This Thanjavur district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|