|Sengkurong Sixth Form Centre|
Pusat Tingkatan Enam Sengkurong
Jalan Mulaut - Limau Manis
|Authority||Ministry of Education|
Sengkurong Sixth Form Centre is located in Mulaut, a settlement in Brunei-Muara District outside Bandar Seri Begawan. The school takes its name from the name of the mukim or subdistrict where it lies.
The establishment of Sengkurong Sixth Form Centre was intended to address overcapacity at the former Katok Sixth Form Centre. The construction of the new campus began in September 2011 and estimated to have cost around B$28 million.
The school opened its doors in early 2014 with the transfer of students, teachers and staff from Katok, as well as the admission of the new intake for that year. Since then, the school mainly caters for leavers from secondary schools in Mukim Sengkurong, Mukim Gadong A and B, Mukim Kilanas and Mukim Lumapas, as well as a few nearby villages in Tutong.
Similar to other sixth form centres elsewhere in the country, Sengkurong Sixth Form Centre offers two-year A-level programme for secondary school leavers interested in pursuing academic post-secondary education.
The school buildings sit on a 16.58 acres of land and its students capacity can reach up to 1,500. Facilities include:
- Science laboratories;
- Special rooms for Art, Design and Technology, and Food Studies;
- Multipurpose hall;
- Multimedia hall;
- Students centre;
- Library; and
- Surau or prayer hall.
- "Sengkurong opens new $28.2m college | the Brunei Times". Archived from the original on 2016-08-18. Retrieved 2016-06-27.
- "Sengkurong opens new $28.2m college". The Brunei Times. Retrieved 2016-06-27.
- "Sengkurong Sixth Form Centre welcomes new student intake". The Brunei Times. Retrieved 2016-06-27.
- "Katok Sixth Form Centre to turn into secondary school". The Brunei Times. Retrieved 2016-06-27.
- "Post Secondary Education". Ministry of Education, Brunei Darussalam. Retrieved 2016-06-27.