|This article does not cite any sources. (May 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Seniūnaitija (literally "sub-eldership") is the least administrative-territorial unit in Lithuania. Seniūnaitija is led by seniūnaitis who represents communities of inhabited places. Seniūnaitis are elected for 2-year tenure. Ability to establish sub-elderships appeared in 2008 September 15 after changing laws. First sub-elderships established by municipalities appeared in 2008 November and December. In 2009, the majority of municipalities established sub-elderships.
- Administrative divisions of Lithuania
- Counties (Lithuanian: singular – apskritis, plural – apskritys)
- Municipalities (Lithuanian: plural – savivaldybės, singular – savivaldybė)
- Elderships (or wards) (eldership, ward) (Lithuanian: plural – seniūnijos, singular – seniūnija).
- Cities (Lithuanian: plural – miestai, singular – miestas)
- Towns (Lithuanian: plural – miesteliai, singular – miestelis)