Senior Women's National Football Championship
|Number of teams||30 (2019–20)|
|Current champions||Manipur (19th title)|
|Most successful team(s)||Manipur (19 titles)|
|2019–20 Senior Women's National Football Championship|
India Women's Football Championship is the women's football tournament which is contested by states and government institutions in India. It began play in 1991. The league consists of 30 teams for the 2019-20 season.
It is organized by the All India Football Federation and it has been contested since the 1991–92 season and crowns the national football champion each year. It is based on a league and knockout format.
Each state of India is allowed to enter one team into the competition. The season then consists of
- Preliminary qualifying league
- Quarter final league
When the number of teams is known, those are divided into eight groups with equal number of teams. The preliminary qualifying league will be played on a single leg league basis. The eight winners move on to the two quarter final leagues. That is played as a single leg league, with the best two teams of each group qualifying for the semi finals stage. From there on it is a knock out format with single leg matches. Tie breakers in the league stages are
- Superior number of points in all matches
- Superior number of points in matches of tied teams
- Superior goal difference
- Superior number of goal scored
- Drawing of lots
List of champions
List of champions:
- "India – List of Women Champions". Rsssf.com. 2009-12-21. Retrieved 2010-10-09.
- "Manipur beat Railways to win the Womens National Football Championship". twitter.com. 5 June 2017. Retrieved 5 June 2017.
- "TAMIL NADU CREATE HISTORY BY WINNING THEIR FIRST SENIOR WOMEN'S NFC". aiff.com. 14 February 2018. Retrieved 14 February 2018.
- "Fixtures & Results". aiff.com. Retrieved 2 April 2019.