Senkivka (border checkpoint)
Senkivka on 20 March 2014
|Location||outside of Senkivka, Horodnia Raion|
|Hours||Open 24 Hours|
It is a Ukrainian side of Novye Yurkovichi–Senkivka–Vesyalowka border tripoint.
The checkpoint/crossing is situated on a P13. Across the border on the Russian side is a border checkpoint Novye Yurkovichi located near Novy Yurkovich (Bryansk Oblast), on the Belarusian side is a border checkpoint Vesyalowka.
The type of crossing is automobile, status - international. The types of transportation for automobile crossings are passenger and freight.
The port of entry is part of the Senkivka customs post of Chernihiv customs.
Points of interest
In 1975 here was erected a stele "monument of Friendship (Three Sisters)" (Russian: монумент Дружбы ("Три сестры"), monument Druzhby ("Tri sestry"); ) where in June every year take place several festivities among the people from Belarus, Ukraine, and the Russian Federation. The monument is located about .5 km (0.31 mi) north of the checkpoint.
On 9 November 2012 at Senkivka was installed the first border post of the State Border of Ukraine with the Russian Federation. The first border post of the State Border of Ukraine with Belarus was installed on 13 November 2014.
In 2014 the access to the festivals through Vesyalowka and Novye Yurkovichi were closed for Ukrainian visitors.
- As if the war just ended. How the border village lives (Ніби війна щойно закінчилася. Як живе прикордонне село). Life at Ukrayinska Pravda. 8 May 2015
- (Международный фестиваль славянских народов "Славянское единство" у монумента Дружбы ("Три сестры")). Bryansk Oblast Portal (Krai 32).
- On the border of Ukraine with Russia was installed the first border post. Border Guard Service of Ukraine. 9 November 2014
- Statement of the Chief of Border Guard Service of Ukraine Mykola Lytvyn. youtube (video). 9 November 2012
- Ukraine and Belarus started demarcation of the border. NB News. 13 November 2014
- Ukraine and Belarus approved a draft on border demarcation (Україна і Білорусь ухвалили проект демаркацію держкордону ). Mirror Weekly. 14 November 2014
- Russia and Belarus will close their border checkpoints in the north of Ukraine. Ukrinform. 17 June 2014
- State Border Guard of Ukraine website (in English)
|This article about a location in Ukraine is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|