|Platforms||Android, iOS, Microsoft Windows, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita|
|Platform of origin||Nintendo 3DS|
Senran Kagura: Skirting Shadows|
September 22, 2011
Senran Kagura Reflexions|
November 23, 2017
Senran Kagura (Japanese: 閃乱カグラ) is a video game series produced by Marvelous. The franchise revolves around groups of female ninjas, and has received manga and anime adaptations. The anime has been licensed by Funimation Entertainment in North America.
By August 2017, worldwide sales for the games in the series had surpassed over 1.65 million copies.
- 1 Video games
- 1.1 Senran Kagura: Shōjo-tachi no Shinei and Senran Kagura Burst
- 1.2 Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
- 1.3 Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson
- 1.4 Senran Kagura: New Wave
- 1.5 Senran Kagura Bon Appétit!
- 1.6 Senran Kagura: Estival Versus
- 1.7 Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash
- 1.8 Senran Kagura Reflexions
- 1.9 Peach Ball: Senran Kagura
- 2 Other media
- 3 Notes
- 4 References
- 5 External links
Senran Kagura: Shōjo-tachi no Shinei and Senran Kagura Burst
The first game in the series, Senran Kagura: Shōjo-tachi no Shin'ei (閃乱カグラ -少女達の真影-, Senran Kagura: Skirting Shadows), is a side scrolling game with playable ninja characters that was released in Japan for the Nintendo 3DS on September 22, 2011. The sequel, Senran Kagura Burst (閃乱カグラ Burst), consisted of the original game and an extra story line. It was released in Japan for Nintendo 3DS on August 30, 2012 and was later released digitally on the Nintendo eShop on January 10, 2013.
Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus: Shōjo-tachi no Shōmei (閃乱カグラ SHINOVI VERSUS -少女達の証明-) is the sequel to Senran Kagura Burst. It featured an expanded playable character roster, as well as an online multiplayer mode. The game was released in Japan for the PlayStation Vita on February 28, 2013, in North America on October 14, 2014, and in Europe on October 15, 2014.
Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson
Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson is a 3D side-scrolling action game made for the 3DS, and was developed by the same team which created Senran Kagura Burst. Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson was released in Japan on August 7, 2014, for Nintendo 3DS. The game was released in North America, Europe, and Australia via digital and limited physical copies in August through September 2015.
New gameplay is included in the form of pair battles, which allows a second character, to which the player can give commands, to fight alongside the player's character.
The playable characters in the game are customizable. Outfits, accessory size and position, and hair color can be changed to the player's liking. Augmented reality functionality was also included in the game. The playable characters could be posed against a real-life background in a variety of poses.
The sequel improved on the original, by enhancing breast physics and clothing destruction, introducing the first playable male character, and allowing for pair battles. Daidouji and Rin, two characters that had originally appeared in Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus as downloadable content, were part of the regular playable character roster in the game.
Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson was part of a cross-promotion deal with Umaibo ("delicious stick" in Japanese), a Japanese brand of corn puff snacks, in which the game's playable characters appeared on the brand's product packaging.
The limited edition, named the “Nyuu Nyuu DX Pack”, included the following extras: a special collectors box; five-figurines of the Homura Crimson Squad, characters in the game; a Drama CD; a soundtrack CD; and limited edition original packaging.
The European version of the game was launched on 27 August 2015. Limited editions include the 'Happy Boobs' edition with two audio CDs, poster and certificate, and the 'Shinobi Edition' which comes with an 'oppai' mouse pad with 3D breasts, and decorative wall scroll.
Marvelous Europe sold physical versions and limited editions of the game exclusively via its own webstore and Amazon Marketplace store, bypassing traditional retail channels.
Senran Kagura: New Wave
Senran Kagura: New Wave is a card battling game available on Android and iOS devices in Japan. The game's popularity resulted in a crossover promotion with DrawGirls, a Korean picture discovery mobile game in which the player draws a cursor across the screen to reveal pieces of a picture.
Senran Kagura Bon Appétit!
Senran Kagura Bon Appétit! is a rhythm cooking game available for the PlayStation Vita, in which the goal is to win a cooking competition. The game was released on the PlayStation Store on November 11, 2014 for North America, and on November 12, 2014 for Europe.
Senran Kagura: Estival Versus
Senran Kagura: Estival Versus was released on March 26, 2015 in Japan. The game was released in North America on March 15, 2016 and Europe on March 18, 2016.
Estival Versus has two special editions, one for the PlayStation 4, and one for the PlayStation Vita. The editions are called the Nyuu Nyuu DX Pack Premium, and contained: a copy of the game; a special collectors box; a product code for Senran Kagura: Estival Versus—Eve Full of Swimsuits, a 30-minute original video animation (OVA) featuring 20 of the game's characters; a Drama CD; a soundtrack CD; and mini figurines. The only difference between the two editions are which set of figurines they contain, and what tracks are on each Drama CD. The Vita special edition contains figurines of characters from the Hebijo Clandestine Girls’ Academy, while the PlayStation 4 edition contains figurines from the Gessen Girls’ Private School. The first-print run of the collectors editions also contained a bonus 2-CD set of the game’s soundtrack, and a visual book.
The game sold 44,548 physical retail copies on the PlayStation Vita in addition to 30,247 physical copies on the PlayStation 4 within the first week of release in Japan.
The game features DLC guest characters, the first of whom was the Dead or Alive/Ninja Gaiden series' Ayane. Included in this wave of DLC was Ayane's kimono along with the trademark blue kunoichi costume of Kasumi in a mash-up collab with Marvelous. In return, Dead or Alive 5 Last Round featured a costume set where the females are dressed as Senran Kagura characters and were even breakable on PlayStation 4/Xbox One versions of the game. Ayane in this set is dressed as Yagyū. Besides Ayane, three characters from Ikki Tousen, Hakufu Sonsaku, Uncho Kan'u and Housen Ryofu also appeared as the last three guest characters. Due to temporary licensing issues, the Ikki Tousen characters would temporarily not appear in Western versions until the PC port, which was released on March 17, 2017.
Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash
Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash is a water gun third-person shooter for the PlayStation 4 and Microsoft Windows. It features over 30 girls who play on teams. Peach Beach Splash was released in Japan on March 16, 2017. The game released in North America on September 26, 2017 and in Europe on September 22, 2017 for the PlayStation 4, and later worldwide on March 7, 2018 for the PC.
As part of full collaboration with Tecmo Koei's Team Ninja on releasing the DLC costumes in Dead or Alive 5: Last Round and Dead or Alive Xtreme 3, and adds Ayane as a DLC character in Estival Versus, the Dead or Alive characters' Marie Rose and Honoka are announced, along with Ayane who appeared as a DLC character in Estival Versus to be DLC characters in this game. As part of collaboration with Nitroplus since the console version of Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel, Super Sonico is added as one of the DLC characters. Three Ikki Tousen characters who appeared as DLC in Estival Versus return as DLC again, in addition of the fourth Ikki Tousen DLC character Shimei Ryoumou.
Senran Kagura Reflexions
A spin-off title for the Nintendo Switch, an ecchi dating sim game called Shinobi Refle: Senran Kagura (Japanese: シノビリフレ -SENRAN KAGURA- Hepburn: Shinobi rifure) was released in Japan on November 23, 2017. The game takes advantage of the Joy-Con's "HD Rumble" feature, allowing players to receive feedback from jiggle physics. It will be published by Xseed Games on the European and North American eShop under the title Senran Kagura Reflexions on September 13, 2018.
Peach Ball: Senran Kagura
A second spin-off game for the Nintendo Switch, an ecchi pinball game called Peach Ball: Senran Kagura (Japanese: PEACH BALL 閃乱カグラ) was announced in 2017. The game will be released in Japan on December 13, 2018, and features a mode similar to Senran Kagura Reflexions that will take advantage of the Joy-Con's "HD Rumble" feature.
|Anime television series|
|Senran Kagura: Ninja Flash!|
|Directed by||Takashi Watanabe|
|Written by||Takao Yoshioka|
|Music by||Ruka Kawada|
|Original network||AT-X, Tokyo MX|
|Original run||January 6, 2013 – March 24, 2013|
|Episodes||12 + 6 Specials|
|Original video animation|
|Senran Kagura: Estival Versus – Festival Eve Full of Swimsuits|
|Directed by||Shigeru Ueda|
|Written by||Yukinori Kitajima|
|Music by||Ruka Kawada|
|Released||March 24, 2015|
|Anime television series|
|Senran Kagura Shinovi Master -Tokyo Yōma-hen-|
|Directed by||Tetsuya Yanagisawa|
|Written by||Yukinori Kitajima|
|Original network||AT-X, Tokyo MX, BS11|
|Original run||October 13, 2018 – present|
There are currently five manga series based on the franchise. The main adaptation, written by Kenichirō Takaki and illustrated by Amami Takatsume, began serialization in Media Factory's Monthly Comic Alive magazine from August 27, 2011. Seven Seas Entertainment will begin releasing the series in North America in November 2013 as Senran Kagura: Skirting Shadows. Senran Kagura: Guren no Uroboros, illustrated by Manabu Aoi, began serialization in Ichijinsha's Comic Rex magazine from September 27, 2011. Senran Kagura Spark! was published in Enterbrain's Famitsu Comic Clear between August 19, 2011 and February 17, 2012, followed by Senran Kagura: Senshi Bankō no Haruka and Senran Enji Kyonyū-gumi, both published between September 7, 2012 and February 1, 2013.
An anime television adaptation produced by Animation Studio Artland aired in Japan between January 6, 2013 and March 24, 2013. The series is directed by Takashi Watanabe with scripts by Takao Yoshioka and character designs by Takashi Torii. The opening theme, "Break Your World", was performed by Sayaka Sasaki; the ending themes include "Fighting Dreamer" (episode 1–3 and 8) by Hitomi Harada, Asami Imai, Yū Kobayashi, Kaori Mizuhashi and Yuka Iguchi, "Yamiyo wa Otome wo Hana ni Suru" (闇夜は乙女を花にする The Flowers of the Girls of the Night) (episode 4-6 and 9) by Eri Kitamura, Ai Kayano, Ryōko Shiraishi, Saori Gotō and Megumi Toyoguchi, and "Shissōron" (疾走論 Theory Sprint) (episode 7 and 10-12) by Hitomi Harada. The anime is licensed in North America by Funimation Entertainment, who streamed it as it aired and released it on home video in 2014.
A second season of the anime series was announced in August 2017. The season, titled Senran Kagura Shinovi Master -Tokyo Yōma-hen-, is directed by Tetsuya Yanagisawa and produced by TNK, with scripts written by Yukinori Kitajima and character designs handled by Junji Goto. The season is set to premiere in October 13, 2018 on AT-X, Tokyo MX, and BS11. [a] The opening theme, "Scarlet Master" will be performed by Sayaka Sasaki. Crunchyroll will stream the series with Funimation streaming the simuldub.
- From the tv network it lists the show at 24:00 on October 12, which is at October 13, 2018 at 12:00 a.m.
- "Senran Kagura TV Anime "In the Works"". Anime News Network. 2012-04-17. Retrieved 2012-07-29.
- "Senran Kagura series worldwide sales top 1.65 million". Gematsu. August 13, 2017. Retrieved August 15, 2017.
- "Senran Kagura Burst 3DS Game Sells 100,000+ Copies". Anime News Network. 2013-06-27. Retrieved 2013-07-01.
- Ponce, Tony (2012-10-28). "Info dump for Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus on PS Vita". Destructoid. Retrieved 2014-10-27.
- Nunnely, Stephanie (2014-05-08). "Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus heads west this fall for PS Vita". VG247. Retrieved 2014-10-27.
- Gregoria, Chris (2014-10-20). "Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus Review – Bursting With Excitement". Nichegamer.net. Retrieved 2014-10-25.
- campbell, evan (2014-09-19). "Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus Release Date Revealed". IGN. Retrieved 2014-10-26.
- Aziz, Hamza (2014-01-08). "Dekamari Senran Kagura is a rhythm cooking battle game". Destructoid. Retrieved 2014-10-27.
- Orselli, Brandon (2014-08-08). "Here's a Whopping 8 Minutes of Busty Senran Kagura 2 Gameplay". Nichegamer.net. Retrieved 2014-10-26.
- 2015-03-10, Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson Localization Announcement, Gematsu
- Orselli, Brandon (2014-07-03). "Check Out the Rambunctious Second Trailer for Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson". Nichegamer.net. Retrieved 2014-10-26.
- Orselli, Brandon (2014-06-07). "The Changing Room in Senran Kagura 2 is Just as You Expected". Nichegamer.net. Retrieved 2014-10-26.
- Orselli, Brandon (2014-05-30). "The Formidable Rin and Daidouji are Playable in Senran Kagura 2". Nichegamer.net. Retrieved 2014-10-26.
- Vincent, Brittany (2014-08-01). "This Senran Kagura 2 corn puff snack promotion is just as risque as you'd expect". Destructoid. Retrieved 2014-10-27.
- Orselli, Brandon (2014-05-23). "Check Out the Swanky Limited Edition for Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson". Nichegamer.net. Retrieved 2014-10-26.
- Eugene (2014-08-10). "Senran Kagura's Ninja Girls Getting Crossover With DrawGirls". Siliconera. Retrieved 2014-10-28.
- Vincent, Brittany (2014-08-09). "'Draw' the Senran Kagura girls in this strange crossover". Destructoid. Retrieved 2014-10-27.
- Orselli, Brandon (2014-09-08). "Get Some Jiggly, Senran Kagura Drawing Action in Drawgirls". Nichegamer.net. Retrieved 2014-10-26.
- MacGregor, Kyle (2014-06-30). "Senran Kagura Bon Appétit rating suggests EU release". Destructoid. Retrieved 2014-10-27.
- Tarry, Steven (2014-10-21). "Senran Kagura Bon Appetit! Hits Vita Exclusively on 11/11". Sony Computer Entertainment America. Retrieved 2014-10-26.
- MacGregor, Kyle (2014-10-21). "Senran Kagura Bon Appétit hits Vita on November 11". Destructoid. Retrieved 2014-10-27.
- Orselli, Brandon (2014-09-18). "Get a Teaser for Senran Kagura: Estival Versus from Tokyo Game Show 2014". Nichegamer.net. Retrieved 2014-10-26.
- Gregoira, Chris (2014-10-03). "Senran Kagura Estival Versus Has Shown Off Its Limited Edition". Nichegamer.net. Retrieved 2014-10-26.
- "Media Create Sales: 3/23/15 – 3/29/15". Gematsu. April 1, 2015. Retrieved April 1, 2015.
- "Hello and welcome to UPDATE 4 of SENRAN KAGURA ESTIVAL VERSUS: The final stretch!". Marvelous. Retrieved June 11, 2016.
- "Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash PS4 Game's Opening Anime Streamed". Anime News Network. Retrieved 1 November 2016.
- Romano, Sal (16 February 2018). "Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash coming to PC on March 7". Gematsu. Retrieved 16 February 2018.
- "【先出し週刊ファミ通】ついに発売を迎える『閃乱カグラ PEACH BEACH SPLASH』が『デッド オア アライブ エクストリーム 3』と"最胸"コラボ！(2017年3月16日発売号)". Famitsu.
- Romero, Sal (March 16, 2017). "Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash to add Super Sonico as DLC". Gematsu. Retrieved April 9, 2017.
- "Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash to add 4 Ikki Tousen Characters as DLC - Famitsu". 24 May 2017.
- "Sato" (April 12, 2017). "New Senran Kagura Game Is Headed To Switch, Uses HD Rumble For "This And That"". Siliconera. Retrieved May 4, 2017.
- Romano, Sal. "Senran Kagura Reflexions coming west this summer". Gematsu. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- Craddock, Ryan (August 24, 2018). "Switch-Exclusive Senran Kagura Reflexions Will "Deliver Exciting Sensations" This September". Nintendo Life. Retrieved August 24, 2018.
- McFerran, Damien (August 2, 2017). "Peach Ball: Senran Kagura Is The Pinball Game Kenichiro Takaki Has "Always Wanted To Do"". Nintendo Life. Retrieved August 18, 2018.
- "Sato" (August 1, 2018). "Peach Ball: Senran Kagura Hits Switch In Japan On December 13". Siliconera. Retrieved August 18, 2018.
- "Seven Seas Adds Senran Kagura: Skirting Shadows Manga". Anime News Network. 2013-06-27. Retrieved 2013-07-01.
- "Senran Kagura TV Anime's Ad Aired". Anime News Network. 2013-06-27. Retrieved 2013-07-01.
- "Funimation to Stream Senran Kagura TV Anime". Anime News Network. 2013-06-27. Retrieved 2013-07-01.
- "Funimation Offers 5th Hetalia Series, Senran Kagura, Devil Is a Part-Timer on Home Video". Anime News Network. 2013-12-14. Retrieved 2014-01-27.
- "Senran Kagura Games Get 2nd TV Anime Season". Anime News Network. August 1, 2017. Retrieved August 1, 2017.
- "Senran Kagura Anime's 2nd Season Reveals Video, Visual, Staff, October Premiere". Anime News Network. August 2, 2018. Retrieved August 2, 2018.
- "Senran Kagura Shinovi Master Anime Reveals Main Visual, October 12 Premiere". Anime News Network. September 14, 2018. Retrieved September 14, 2018.
- "Senran Kagura Shinovi Master Anime's 2nd Promo Video Previews Opening Theme". Anime News Network. October 1, 2018. Retrieved October 1, 2018.
- "Funimation Adds Ulysses, Goblin Slayer, Senran Kagura, Radiant Anime to Fall Season Dub Lineup". Anime News Network. September 25, 2018. Retrieved September 25, 2018.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Senran Kagura|