This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
23 March 1951 |
Ilanjambore, Tamil Nadu, India
|Residence||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
He ran away from his village at the age 13 due to his father's scoldings. He first worked in an oil mart, then in a private wine shop as a waiter and then landed up in drama where he started developing his skills. His first film was Ithikkara Pakki (1980). He slowly entered the Tamil film industry in small characters and finally landed in a good role in the film Malayoor Mambattiyan. He has acted in many popular films with several of the leading actors and comedians in the south Indian cine industry. He usually appears in films with Goundamani in a slapstick double act. Together they have formed a comic pair in many Tamil films and was known as the Laurel and hardy of Tamil Cinema. Recently, Senthil has started acting in Tamil tele-serials.
He was born on 23 March 1951 in a small village called Ilanjambore near Mudukulathur in Ramanathapuram District. He married Kalaiselvi on 14 May 1984. He has two sons, Dr Manikanda Prabhu and Hemachandra Prabhu.
- From scratch to success
- Actor Senthil joins AIADMK
- Senthil to play lead role
- Andipatti witnesses `star wars'
- Shot in the old world charm
- Goundamani presides Senthil's son marriage! Archived 7 July 2012 at Archive.is
- Goundamani is back….Is Senthil hiding?
- "Namma Veetu Kalyanam 10/25/14". Vijay TV. sec. 467. Retrieved 30 October 2014.