Jump to navigation Jump to search
"Sentinel Rock, Yosemite, California," by Carleton E. Watkins
|Elevation||7,038 ft (2,145 m) |
|Location||Yosemite National Park, Mariposa County, California, U.S.|
|Parent range||Sierra Nevada|
|Topo map||USGS Half Dome|
|Age of rock||Cretaceous|
|First ascent||June 30 - July 4, 1950, by Allen Steck and John Salathé|
|Easiest route||Circular Staircase (class 5.8)|
Sentinel Rock is a granitic peak in Yosemite National Park, California, United States. It towers over Yosemite Valley, opposite Yosemite Falls. Sentinel Rock lies 0.7 miles (1.1 km) northwest of Sentinel Dome.
How it was formed
- "Natural Resource Statistics". Yosemite National Park. National Park Service. Retrieved 2009-01-28.
- "Sentinel Rock". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-01-28.
- "Steck-Salathe". rockclimbing.com. Retrieved 2014-01-20.
- "Circular Staircase, Sentinel Rock 5.8". SuperTopo.com. Retrieved 2016-03-27.
- "Rock Formations in Yosemite". Yosemite National Park. National Park Service. Retrieved 2007-08-14.
- USGS Geology and Geophysics: USGS Geology and Geophysics, accessdate: March 20, 2017
- Roberts, Paul (1994-11-01). "Risk". Psychology Today. Retrieved 2011-07-27.
- Media related to Sentinel Rock at Wikimedia Commons
|This Mariposa County, California–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|