This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Founded in 2006, the company has its headquarters in Liverpool, England and staff across Europe. The company administers the works of over 100,000 artists/writers and 1 million songs in the UK and around the world.
In May 2012 the North West Fund for Digital & Creative, managed by AXM Venture Capital Limited, made an equity investment into Sentric Music.
As well as collecting royalties for their writers, Sentric also search for synchronisation opportunities for its signings and has previously synced music on advertisements for the likes of Lexus, O2 Germany and De Montfort University. In February 2013 Sentric were nominated at the Music+Sound Awards in the Best Sync: Trailers and Promos category for the use of Kankouran song "Rivers" in the trailer for Series 6 of Skins.
In June 2012 Sentric Music entered into a co-publishing agreement with Brussels based Strictly Confidential, the publishing arm of PIAS. The first two artists signed under the co-publishing agreement were Tall Ships and Cattle & Cane.
A partnership with INgrooves Music Publishing was announced in July 2013. INgrooves Music Publishing is a new division of INgrooves headed by industry veteran Olivier Chastan. As part of the partnership, Sentric Music provides worldwide rights administration and platform services.
Spring 2014 saw Sentric win a collaborative Technology Strategy Board bid to invest in its Rights Management system. Working in conjunction with Imperial College London, the eighteen-month big data project, titled Data Exploration and Predictive Analytics for Music Publishing, will create tools for predictive modelling and data visualisation for use in the music publishing industry.
In March 2017, Sentric Music scored multimillion-pound investment from UK-based venture capital business BGF. In June 2017, Sentric Music signed an administration deal with Chinese independent music firm Modern Sky Entertainment.
In July 2018, music distributor Tunecore partnered with Sentric, allowing the company access to Sentric's technology and global collection network, while enhancing Tunecore's distribution and publishing administration services.
In December 2010 Sentric Music was winner of the Virtual Business Awards 2010.
- Kiss, Jemima (2008-06-16). "Elevator Pitch: Sentric helps small bands make money". London: Guardian.co.uk. Retrieved 2008-08-04.
- "Measuring Music" (PDF). UK Music. Retrieved 2014-10-05.
- "Sentric roll out in 27 European territories". Music Week. Retrieved 2012-07-04.
- "North West Fund makes investment in Sentric Music". North West Fund. Retrieved 2012-05-28.
- "Digital Up North: Sentric Music". CreativeTimes.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- "Music+Sound Award 2013 Nominations". Music+Sound Awards. Retrieved 2013-03-06.
- "Sentric announce new publishing venture". The Complete Music Update. Retrieved 2012-06-29.
- "Sentric Music Join Forces with Strictly Confidential". Music Week. Retrieved 2012-06-29.
- "Music Week's 30 Under 30 Revealed". Music Week. Retrieved 2013-02-22.
- "INgrooves Launches Publishing Division, Partners with Sentric". Music Week. Retrieved 2013-07-26.
- "Sentric: How a university project became a global publishing operation". Music Week. Retrieved 2014-10-05.
- "Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council: Details of Grant". EPSRC. Retrieved 2014-10-05.
- "Sentric: Results of competition: Data exploration - creating new insight and value - Collaborative R&D". Technology Strategy Board. Retrieved 2014-10-05.
- "Sentric Music scores multi-million investment from BGF's £2.5bn fund - Music Business Worldwide". Music Business Worldwide. 2017-03-20. Retrieved 2017-11-08.
- "Modern Sky UK allies with Sentric Music". Complete Music Update. Retrieved 2017-11-08.
- "Music Week Sync Awards: All the nominees". Music Week. Retrieved 2014-10-05.
- "Sentric Music wins international recognition". Liverpool Daily Post. Retrieved 2012-07-04.