|Revised Romanization||Seo Mun Tak|
|McCune–Reischauer||Sŏ Mun T'ak|
|Revised Romanization||I Sujin|
Lee Su-jin (born March 3, 1978), best known by her stage name Seo Moon Tak, is a South Korean rock singer. She had her debut at a music festival in 1994. In 2002, she participated in the Red Devils Cheer, a Korean football team support album for the 2002 Korea–Japan World Cup.
Seo Moon Tak, a female South Korean rock singer with a powerful voice and a wide vocal range, is an alumna of Berklee College of Music in Boston, MA, and majored in Music Production and Engineering. She debuted in 1999 and sold her first album over 300,000 copies and her second album over 300,000 copies. After she debuted in Korea, she regularly had more than 1,000 live performances per year, and radio and TV shows appearances. She released 6 studio albums (Korean), 2 studio albums (Japanese), and 2 single albums, and recorded multiple movie and television soundtracks. Marty Friedman, the guitarist of Megadeath, also featured her second Japanese album.
Besides her recordings, she was cast as Yitzhak, the musical Hedwig and the Angry Inch and Acid Queen, and the musical The Who's Tommy in both Korea and Japan for many years. She is the first and only Asian Berklee student who was selected to perform for both "Singer's Night" and "Singer's Showcase" in front of over a thousand audiences at Berklee Performance Center for multiple times.
In 2012, she appeared a Korean TV show, I Am a Singer 2, where selected veteran Korean singers by advisory panels perform and compete each other. This sensational concept raised the Korean music scene to a higher level, and let the audiences truly focus on authenticity and quality of the music and the vocalist. Chinese broadcasting company adapted this show, which made a huge success in China. Seo Moon Tak survived for five months and she made the final round of the entire season of the show.
As she released her second single in summer 2013, she started a project band, Seo Moon Tak Band. This January, Seo Moon Tak Band successfully had their solo concert in South Korea.
- Asura (1999): Love, never dying; Loving me, Loving you
- Seomoontak 2 (2000): Chain; Memory, then after
- Sudden Death (2001): Sudden death; The Song of Four Beauty
- Now Here Vol.4 (2004): you more than I
- Pianissimo Vol.5 (2005)
- Leap of Truth Vol.6 (2007)
- Victoria (2009)
- Corona (2013)
- The Seventh Spring (2014)
- U & I (2015)
- Love, Whatever (2015)
- I Am A Singer 2: Singer of October (MBC) (Aired October 2012)
- Immortal Songs 2 (KBS)
- International Music Festival (Air Date 2015-06-07)
- Seven Divas Special (Air Date 2015-06-27) Final Winner
- Koo Chang Moo Part 2 (Air Date 2015-07-18)
- Concert 7080 (KBS) 2015-05
- Open Concert (KBS) 2015-06
- 100 Songs (JTBC) 2015-06
- King of Mask Singer (MBC) (episodes 63, 64)
- Singing Battle (Moontak was a Hidden Card)(KBS)(Aired 2016-11-09)2016
- "Seomoon Tak Official". Seomoon Tak Official Website. Retrieved 2015-08-16.
|This article about a South Korean singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|