|January 1, 1905
January 20, 2005
|Line 1 opened|
|Passengers||(Daily) Based on Jan-Dec of 2012.
Line 1: 10,067
Seojeong-ri Station is a station in Seojeong-dong, Pyeongtaek, South Korea. Mugunghwa trains running on the Gyeongbu Line stop here. Additionally, services on Seoul Subway Line 1 have been calling at this station since 2005. Its secondary name is Gukje College (International college).
Seojeong-ri Station opened with the Gyeongbu Line in 1905 to service the agricultural area between Pyeongtaek and Osan. It featured Bidulgi (4th class) and limited Tongil (3rd class) services. These were eventually phased out in favor of limited Mugunghwa (then 2nd class) services in the 1990s and 2000s (decade). On January 20, 2005, Seoul Subway Line 1 started local and express services and in 2010 the new Nooriro class of commuter trains began service to Seoul, Yongsan, Anyang, Suwon, Osan, Pyeongtaek and Cheonan.
Gukje College is nearby. On June 4, 2009, a Homeplus store opened just a few blocks from the subway station. This area was designated by the city council as a development area. Its neighborhood is also part of a Pyeongtaek construction zone, which also includes Seojeong-dong, Jangdang-dong, Mogok-dong, Ichung-dong, and Jije-dong. Located near the station are many shops and vendors. Official plans for a "new city" have been announced.
- "서정리역" (in Korean). KRIC. Retrieved 2015-12-11.
- "서정리역" (in Korean). Doosan Encyclopedia. Retrieved 2015-12-11.
- Monthly Number of Passengers between General Railroad Stations. Korea Transportation Database, 2013. Retrieved 2013-10-15.
- Monthly Number of Passengers between Subway Stations. Korea Transportation Database, 2013. Retrieved 2013-10-15.
- 롯데건설, 평택 서정동에 274가구 분양 Naeil Newspaper 2007.08.24
- Data from whole population using Seoul Metropolitan subway(2006)
|Preceding station||Seoul Metropolitan Subway||Following station|
Rapid (Gyeongbu Red-Cheonan)
Rapid (Gyeongbu Green)