|Location||143-42 Samseong 2-dong,
340 Teherandaero Jiha,
|Operated by||Seoul Metro, Korail|
|December 23, 1982||Line 2 opened|
|September 3, 2003||Bundang Line opened|
|Passengers||(Daily) Based on Jan-Dec of 2012.
Line 2: 117,787
Bundang Line: 15,715
Seolleung Station is a Seoul Subway station, on Line 2 and the Bundang Line. The station is named after the nearby Seonjeongneung, the Joseon Dynasty royal tombs Seolleung (선릉, 宣陵) and Jeongneung (정릉, 靖陵).
In 2011, retailer Home plus opened the world’s first virtual supermarket at the station, where smartphone users can photograph the bar codes of life-size pictures, on the walls and platform screen doors, of 500 items of food, toiletries, electronics etc., for delivery within the same day.
In a survey conducted in 2011 by the Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs on 92 Administrative divisions across the country, it reported that Seolleung Station is the fourth busiest public transit stop following Gangnam Station, Jamsil Station, Sadang Station; and followed by Sillim Station.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Seolleung Station.|
- "선릉역" (in Korean). Doosan Encyclopedia. Retrieved 2016-02-16.
- "선릉역" (in Korean). 서울지명사전. Retrieved 2016-02-16.
- Monthly Number of Passengers between Subway Stations. Korea Transportation Database, 2013. Retrieved 2013-10-15.
- Murthy, Rishika (22 September 2011). "Seoul's 6 coolest subway stops". CNN Travel. Retrieved 26 February 2013.
- Strother, Jason (21 October 2011). "Shopping by phone at South Korea's virtual grocery". BBC News. Retrieved 3 April 2013.
- "Gangnam Busiest Subway Station in Korea". Chosun Ilbo. 23 April 2012. Retrieved 25 April 2012.
|Preceding station||Seoul Metropolitan Subway||Following station|
toward City Hall