Seongnam Central Library
This article may contain an excessive amount of intricate detail that may only interest a specific audience. (December 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Seongnam Central Library|
|Hangul||성남시 중앙 도서관|
|Hanja||城南市 中央 圖書館|
|Revised Romanization||Seongnamsi jungang doseogwan|
|McCune–Reischauer||Sŏngnamsi chungang tosŏgwan|
The library has five levels
- Convenience Store
- Family Reading Room
- Kids Reading Room
- Kids Library
- Disabilities Reading Room
- Main Hall
- Hall Reading Room (approximately 200 seats)
- Cyber Room (including DVD seats, Audio seats, Computer seats and Laptop seats)
- "First Library" (Science, Art, Religion, Language, Philosophy, Society, Others, Encyclopedia, English books)
- "Second Library" (Literature, History)
(The collections include over 300 000 books)
- First Reading Room (216 seats, no carells)
- Second Reading Room (216 seats)
- Outside Terrace
- Screen Room
- Third Reading Room (216 seats, for adults)
- Fourth Reading Room( 216 seats)
Library conditions of use
- Under 12 years old children (Korean are 14 years old) cannot use Reading room, Cyber room and Library (except for those specifically designated for children)
- Library users must create an account with a card (this can use every library in Seongnam). It can access all rooms. Exceptions for children and cafeteria usage.
- Access to reading room seats (except Kid's reading rooms) requires the card.
- Without parential guidance, children are not allowed in many of the library spaces
- During Exam Seasons (late April-early May, July, late September-early October, December) and vacation (peak season Summer and Winter) seating may in high demand.
- The First and Second Reading Room close at 10 pm.
- The library is closed on Mondays.