|Predecessors||Seoul Metro Corporation|
Seoul Metropolitan Rapid Transit Corporation
|Founded||31 May 2017|
|Headquarters||346 Cheonho-daero, Seongdong District, Seoul, South Korea|
|Kim Tae-ho (CEO)|
|Owner||Seoul Metropolitan Government|
|Revised Romanization||Seoul Gyotong Gongsa|
|McCune–Reischauer||Sŏul Kyot'ong Kongsa|
Seoul Transportation Corporation dba Seoul Metro (Hangul: 서울교통공사), is a municipal-owned corporation owned by Seoul Metropolitan Government, and one of the two major operators of Seoul Metropolitan Subway with Korail.
- May 31, 2017: Seoul Transportation Corporation is formed after a merger of Seoul Metro Corporation and Seoul Metropolitan Rapid Transit Corporation to more efficiently operate services on lines 1-9.
Lines and sections
Seoul Metro's service covers part of lines 1, 3, 4 and all of lines 2, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9. Korail jointly participates in service on lines 1, 3 and 4. Seoul Metro controls the railways and stations owned by the Seoul Metropolitan Government.
|Cheongnyangni||Seoul Station||10||7.8 km|
|Soyosan / Dongducheon / Cheongnyangni / Yongsan / Yeongdeungpo||Dongincheon / Incheon / Seodongtan / Cheonan / Gwangmyeong / Sinchang||97||200.6 km|
|City Hall / Chungjeongno / Sindorim / Seongsu||Kkachisan / Sinseol-dong||51||60.2 km|
|Banghwa||Hanam Pungsan / Macheon||51||52.3 km|
|Eungam||Bonghwasan / Sinnae||38||35.1 km|
|Jangam||Bupyeong-gu Office||51||57.1 km|
|Gaehwa / Gimpo Int'l Airport||VHS Medical Center||38||40.6 km|
- Gunja Depot - for Lines 1 & 2
- Sinjeong Depot - for Line 2
- Jichuk Depot - for Line 3 (heavy maintenance for Line 4)
- Suseo Depot - for Line 3
- Chang-dong Depot - for Line 4
- Godeok Depot - for Line 5 (heavy maintenance for Line 8)
- Banghwa Depot - for Line 5
- Sinnae Depot - for Line 6
- Dobong Depot - for Line 7 (heavy maintenance for Line 6)
- Cheonwang Depot - for Line 7
- Moran Depot - for Line 8
- Gimpo Depot - for Line 9
Subway etiquette with Bread Barbershop characters
In June 2020, the etiquette was uploaded on both YouTube channels, their own YouTube channel, and the Korean Bread Barbershop channel. The company said that they can meet Master Bread and his friends on June 10, 2020. The etiquette promotes that bringing food in a subway is prohibited.
- Seoul Metropolitan Rapid Transit Corporation
- List of rapid transit systems
- List of urban rail systems by length
- Seoul Metropolitan Subway stations
- Transportation in South Korea
- "Seoul Metro Created out of Merger between Two Subway Corporations". The Korea Economic Daily. The Korea Economic Daily. 31 May 2017. Retrieved 1 June 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Seoul Metro.|