This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|• Traditional Chinese||雪邦縣|
|• Simplified Chinese||雪邦县|
Location of Sepang District in Selangor
|Local area government(s)||Sepang Municipal Council|
|• District officer||Roslinah Jani|
|• Sultan's Representative||Tengku Jamaluddin Tengku Mahmud Shah|
|• Total||599.66 km2 (231.53 sq mi)|
|• Density||320/km2 (820/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (MST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+8 (Not observed)|
43xxx, 47xxx, 62xxx, 63xxx, 64xxx
|Vehicle registration plates||B|
The Sepang District is a district located in the southern part of the state of Selangor in Malaysia. Sepang District covers an area of around 600 square kilometres, and had a population of 190,889 in the 2010 Census (excluding foreigners).
The district of Sepang is also famous for the township of Cyberjaya, which is also known as the Silicon Valley of Malaysia vis-à-vis its association with the MSC Malaysia. The capital of Sepang district is Salak Tinggi, which took over from Sepang town.
The remaining areas of Puchong, such as Bukit Puchong 2, 16 Sierra, Pulau Meranti, Bandar Nusaputra, Taman Putra Perdana, Taman Putra Prima, Taman Meranti Jaya and Taman Mas, are located in this district.
Sepang district was formed from parts of the adjacent constituencies of Hulu Langat (Kajang) and Kuala Langat on 1 January 1975; though there was already a Sepang constituency in parliament as early as 1959. Sepang gained municipal status in 2005.
Sepang district is situated in the southern part of Selangor. It shares its border with Kuala Langat to the west, Petaling to the north, Hulu Langat to the northeast and the state of Negeri Sembilan to the east. Sepang also completely surrounds Putrajaya which is a Federal Territory.
Federal Parliament and State Assembly seats
List of Sepang district representatives in the Federal Parliament (Dewan Rakyat)
|Parliament||Constituency||Member of Parliament||Coalition||Party|
|P113||Sepang||Mohamed Hanipa Maidin||PH||AMANAH|
List of Sepang district representatives in the State Legislative Assembly (Dewan Undangan Negeri)
|Parliament||State||State constituency||State assemblyman||Coalition||Party|
|P113||N54||Tanjong Sepat||Borhan Aman Shah||PH||PKR|
|P113||N55||Dengkil||Adhif Syan Abdullah||PN||BERSATU|
|P113||N56||Sungai Pelek||Ronnie Liu Tian Khiew||PH||DAP|
Malaysia Airlines, a Malaysian national carrier; AirAsia, a Malaysian low-cost carrier; AirAsia X, a subsidiary of AirAsia; MASkargo, a cargo airline; and Malaysia Airports, the Malaysian Airport authority; are headquartered on the property of Kuala Lumpur International Airport in Sepang. Malaysia Airlines also operates its Flight Management Building at Kuala Lumpur International Airport.
The district houses the Kuala Lumpur International Airport.
Sepang is home to institutions of higher learning, which includes:
- "Portal Rasmi PDT Sepang Perutusan Pegawai Daerah". www2.selangor.gov.my.
- "Portal Rasmi PDT Sepang Orang Besar Daerah". www2.selangor.gov.my.
- "Portal Rasmi PDT Sepang Data Keluasan". www2.selangor.gov.my.
- "Population Distribution and Basic Demographic Characteristics, 2010" (PDF). Department of Statistics, Malaysia. Archived from the original (PDF) on 22 May 2014. Retrieved 19 April 2012.
- "Sejarah Daerah Sepang". Retrieved 3 September 2017.
- "Pengisytiharan Majlis Perbandaran Sepang". Retrieved 3 September 2017.
- "MUKIM SEPANG". Retrieved 3 September 2017.
- "Malaysia Airlines Recovery Plan Quarterly Update (1 Sept-30 Nov 15)." Malaysia Airlines. Retrieved on May 5, 2016.
- Chan Tien Hin. "AirAsia Has Record Drop on Loss, Analyst Downgrade." Bloomberg L.P.. 1 December 2008. Retrieved on 27 September 2009.
- "AirAsia X Berhad • Annual Report 2014" (Archive). AirAsia X. Retrieved on 2 February 2015. p. 20 (PDF p. 49/234): "REGISTERED OFFICE AirAsia X Berhad (Company No. 734161-K) B-13-15, Level 13 Menara Prima Tower B Jalan PJU 1/39, Dataran Prima 47301 Petaling Jaya Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia" and "HEAD OFFICE LCC Terminal Jalan KLIA S3, Southern Support Zone KLIA, 64000 Sepang Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia"
- "Location Map." MASkargo. Retrieved on 22 February 2010. "Malaysia Airlines Cargo Sdn. Bhd. 1M, Zone C, Advanced Cargo Centre KLIA Free Commercial Zone, Southern Support Zone Kuala Lumpur International Airport 64000 Sepang Selangor, Malaysia "
- "Contact Information." Malaysia Airports. Retrieved on 23 May 2011. "Malaysia Airports Holdings Berhad Malaysia Airports Corporate Office, Persiaran Korporat KLIA, 64000 KLIA, Sepang, Selangor."
- "Contact." Malaysia Airlines. Retrieved on 31 October 2012. "MAS Golden Boutiques Sdn. Bhd. 1st Floor, MAS Flight Management Building 64000 Sepang, Kuala Lumpur International Airport Selangor, Malaysia"
- "Contact Us." Animonsta Studios. Retrieved on August 29, 2015. "Level G-03, SME Technopreneur Centre 3, Block 3740, Cyber 8, Persiaran APEC, 63500 Cyberjaya, Selangor, MALAYSIA."
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sepang.|