This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||July 24, 1942|
|Known for||Permaculture, agroforestry|
Josef "Sepp" Holzer (born July 24, 1942 in Ramingstein, State of Salzburg, Austria) is a farmer, an author, and an international consultant for natural agriculture. After an upbringing in a traditional Catholic rural family, he took over his parents' mountain farm business in 1962 and pioneered the use of ecological farming, or permaculture, techniques at high altitudes (1,100 to 1,500 meters (3,600 to 4,900 ft) after being unsuccessful with regular farming methods.
He is author of several books, works nationally as permaculture-activist in the established agricultural industry, and works internationally as adviser for ecological agriculture.
- Sepp Holzer: The Rebel Farmer (2002)
- Sepp Holzer's Permaculture: A Practical Guide to Small-Scale, Integrative Farming and Gardening (2011)
- Desert or Paradise: Restoring Endangered Landscapes Using Water Management, Including Lake and Pond Construction (2012)
- "Holzer´sche Permakultur - Permakultur with Sepp Holzer". Der Krameterhof. Archived from the original on 2011-07-28. Retrieved 2011-08-08.
- "Permaculture Miracles in the Austrian Mountains". Celsias.com. 2008-03-23. Archived from the original on 2012-07-31. Retrieved 2011-08-08.
- "About Sepp Holzer" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2009-08-16.
- "The Agro Rebel". denkmal-film.com. Retrieved 28 April 2010.