This article needs to be updated.(February 2018)
|Full name||Sebastien Smits|
|Born||13 July 1991|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight||159 lb (72 kg)|
|Event(s)||Slopestyle, Big air|
Smits started snowboarding at a serious level in the winter of 2006–2007, competing in the Europa Cup. He obtained his first World Cup medal when finishing third in the Big Air competition in Stockholm on 22 November 2008, winning the silver medal at the World Championships a few months later in Gangwon. Further medals in the World Cup, both in Big Air and Slopestyle, followed over the next years. In 2009, Seppe Smits won the rookie Big Air competition at the Air & Style festival in Innsbruck. Smits finished second in the 6-star TTR event in Beijing on 4 December 2010. On 8 January 2011, Smits took over the lead in the Swatch TTR World Tour for 2011, after finishing fourth in Davos. One week later, at the 2011 world championships in Barcelona, Smits won a gold medal in the slopestyle competition and finished third in the Big Air after losing the tie-breaker for silver from Zach Stone. Smits ended third in the final results of the 2010–2011 Swatch TTR World Tour, after three-times winner Peetu Piiroinen and Yuri Podladchikov.
He rides goofy.
- "SNOWBOARDEN Seppe Smits wint met unieke sprong grootste Big Air kampioenschap van Europa". Het Nieuwsblad. 10 December 2009. Retrieved 17 January 2011.
- "Seppe Smits tweede op internationale snowboardwedstrijd". Het Nieuwsblad. 5 December 2010. Retrieved 17 January 2011.
- Larsen, Melissa. "Seb Toutant wins O'Neill Evolution slope". ESPN. Retrieved 17 January 2011.
- "TTR champions crowned in Vermont". Ski Club of Great Britain. Retrieved 14 March 2011.
- Bane, Colin (4 February 2012). "Piiroinen wins A&S; Smits takes TTR title". ESPN. Retrieved 27 February 2012.
- "Seppe Smits verovert brons op WK snowboarden (video)". Knack (in Dutch). Belga. 19 February 2012. Retrieved 27 February 2012.
- Seppe Smits at the International Ski Federation
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill. "Seppe Smits". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC.
| Flagbearer for Belgium