Seppo Honkapohja (born March 7, 1951 in Helsinki) is a Finnish economist. He is a board member of the Bank of Finland and former Professor of International Macroeconomics of the University of Cambridge.
After receiving the International Baccalaureate at the United World College of the Atlantic in Wales Seppo Honkapohja went to the University of Helsinki to get a M.Soc.Sc., the Licentiate of Soc.Sc. and 1979 a D.Soc.Sc..
From 1975 to 1987 Honkapohja was Scientific Director in the Yrjö Jahnsson Foundation. Until 1991 he then was Professor of Economics at the Turku School of Economics and Business Administration. 1992 he joined the University of Helsinki as Professor of Economics. In addition he was Academy Professor of the Academy of Finland from 2000 to 2004. 2004 he went to Cambridge to become the Professor of International Macroeconomics and fellow of Clare College. He researched on modelling of learning and expectations, bounded rationality and their implications for monetary and fiscal policy.
Since 1 January 2008, Seppo Honkapohja is a member of the board of the Finnish central bank with responsibility for research, information technology and Bank of Finland's own investments.
- Member of the Academia Europaea (since 1990)
- Member of the Finnish Academy of Science and Letters (since 1991) and Chairman of the Social Science Group (1997–2002)
- Fellow of the Econometric Society (seit 1999)
- Fellow of the European Economic Association (since 2004)
- Jaakko Honko Medal by Helsinki School of Economics and Business Administration 1998 
- Doctor of Science h.c. in Economics and Business Administration, Turku School of Economics (2010)
- List of publications at the Central Bank of Finland
- Seppo Honkapohja (2009) (in German), Economic prosperity recaptured: the Finnish path from crisis to rapid growth, Cambridge, Mass.: MIT Press, ISBN 0-262-01269-3
- George Ewart Evans, Seppo Honkapohja (2001) (in German), Learning and expectations in macroeconomics, Princeton, N.J.: Princeton University Press, ISBN 0-691-04921-1
- Seppo Honkapohja (1993) (in German), The crisis of the Finnish econom, Helsinki: Dept. of Economics, ISBN 951-45-6419-7
- Seppo Honkapohja (1989) (in German), Information and incentives in organizations, Oxford: Blackwell, ISBN 0-631-16424-3
- Kenneth Joseph Arrow, Seppo Honkapohja, Hilma Gabriella Jahnsson (1985) (in German), Frontiers of economics, Oxford, UK: B. Blackwell, ISBN 0-631-13408-5
- Finn R. Førsund, Seppo Honkapohja (1985) (in German), Limits and problems of taxation, New York: St. Martin's Press, ISBN 0-312-48684-7
- "Bank of Finland's organisation" (in German). Retrieved 2010-06-25.
- "Bank of Finland: Seppo Honkapohja, Member of the Board" (in German). Retrieved 2010-06-25.
- "Universität Helsinki: Seppo Honkapohja" (in German). Retrieved 2010-06-25. CV link
- "Academy of Finland: Annual Report" (PDF) (in German). p. 36. Retrieved 2010-06-25.
- "Cambridge professor to lead the Bank of Finland". University of Cambridge. 31 October 2007. Retrieved 2 August 2010.
- "Academia Europaea: Seppo Honkapohja" (in German). Retrieved 2010-06-25.
- "Fellows of the Econometric Society" (in German). Retrieved 2010-06-25.
- "Fellows of the European Economics Association" (in German). Retrieved 2010-06-25.
- Elizabeth Sleemann, ed. (2003). The International Who's Who 2004. London, New York: Europa Publications, Routledge. p. 750. ISBN 1-85743-217-7. Retrieved 2 August 2010.
- "The honorary doctors of the Turku School of Economics 2010" (in German). Retrieved 2010-06-25.