6 September 1962|
|Home town||Tampere, Finland|
Seppo Lehto (born 6 September 1962 in Kuru) is a Finnish nationalist, currently living in Tampere. The main theme of his activism is the return of Finnish territories ceded to the Soviet Union in World War II. He also claims to lead several organizations. He has also drawn Mohammed caricatures.
On 30 May 2008, the Tampere District Court sentenced Lehto to two years and five months imprisonment. Lehto was charged with nine counts of gross defamation, inciting ethnic hatred and religious blasphemy against Islam. The defamations included sexual slander towards the victims, claiming the victims to be guilty of fabricated crimes and writing disturbing material as if they were written by the victims (Identity theft). Some blog entries were also inciting to violence against the victims. Over 40 blog sites were closed by the court's decision. Lehto had previously served a suspended sentence for defamation and was under probation, which means that his three-month sentence will become mandatory.
On 3 October 2013, Speaker of the Parliament announced that Seppo Lehto is not anymore welcome to the Parliament House of Finland after he performed a Nazi salute there and published a photo of the act in internet. His host, Finns Party member of the parliament James Hirvisaari, was also expelled from the Finns Party due to this event.
Lehto's attempts to enter politics through elections have been unsuccessful.
- "The New Radical Right Taking Shape in Finland". Archived from the original on February 12, 2012. Retrieved 2008-10-09.
- Lahtonen, Mika. "Joutuuko Karjala-aktivisti Seppo Lehto linnaan?`- Nettiherjoja tuomareista presidenttiin". Alibi., May 2008.
- Hietala, Arto. "Valtava määrä törkytekstiä – Vankeus uhkaa Karjala-aktivistia". Alibi., April 2008.
- "Seppo Lehto's youtube video about himself drawing muhammed".
- "Internet-kirjoittelu vie tamperelaismiehen vankilaan". Jukka Hauru. Helsingin Sanomat. 2008-08-14.
- "Nettiherjaukset veivät vankilaan". STT. Iltalehti. 2008-05-30.
- "За блоги уже сажают". CNews. Archived from the original on 2008-08-16.
- "Törkykirjoittelu netissä toi tamperelaismiehelle linnaa". Aamulehti. 2008-05-30.
- "Nettiherjaukset toivat vankilatuomion". STT. Keskisuomalainen. 2008-05-30.
- "Nettiherjaukset toivat vankilatuomion". STT. Talouselämä. 2008-05-30.
- "Nettiherjaukset toivat vankilatuomion". MTV3-STT. MTV3. 2008-05-30.
- "Seppo Lehdon nettisivuista jälleen rikosilmoitus". STT-IL. Iltalehti. 2008-06-23.
- "Vierailijan natsitervehdys toi potkut puolueesta". Olli Pohjanpalo, Juhani Saarinen, Matti Tyynysniemi. Helsingin Sanomat. 2013-10-04.
- Pekonen, Kyösti & Hynynen, Pertti & Kalliala, Mari. The New Radical Right Taking Shape in Finland. University of Helsinki, 1996. https://web.archive.org/web/20120212232448/http://www.valt.helsinki.fi/vol/tutkimus/julkaisut/verkko/newright.htm