Entering into their 16th season performing throughout South Florida and on national tours, Seraphic Fire is regarded as one of the preeminent professional vocal ensembles in the United States. Led by Founder and Artistic Director Patrick Dupré Quigley, Seraphic Fire brings ensemble singers and instrumentalists from around the country to perform repertoire ranging from Gregorian chant and Baroque masterpieces, to Mahler and newly commissioned works by American composers. Two of the ensemble's recordings, Brahms: Ein Deutsches Requiem and A Seraphic Fire Christmas were nominated for 2012 Grammy awards, making Seraphic Fire the only choral ensemble in North or South America to be nominated that year, and the only classical ensemble in the world to be nominated for two separate projects.
Recognized as "one of the best excuses for living in Miami" because of its "vivid, sensitive performances", Seraphic Fire's artistic accomplishments have translated to chart-topping album sales. The ensemble's September 2014 release, Reincarnations: A Century of American Choral Music, placed No. 6 on the Billboard Traditional Classical Chart and the ensemble's Grammy-nominated recording of Brahms: Ein Deutsches Requiem debuted at No. 7 on the Billboard Traditional Classical Chart.
Seraphic Fire has a partnership with Naxos of America for the distribution of Seraphic Fire Media.
- 2005 - Beginnings
- 2007 - Amazing Grace: A Gospel and Bluegrass Journey
- 2008 - Shalom Pax
- 2008 - Messiah Live
- 2009 - IKON
- 2010 - The Brandenburg Project
- 2010 - Monteverdi: Vespers of the Blessed Virgin 1610
- 2011 - A Seraphic Fire Christmas
- 2011 - Brahms: Ein Deutsches Requiem, op. 45
- 2012 - Silent Night
- 2013 - Seraphic Fire
- 2013 - Ave Maria: Gregorian Chant
- 2014 - Reincarnations: A Century of American Choral Music
- 2014 - Candlelight Carols: Music for Chorus and Harp
- 2016 - Steal Away: The African American Concert Spiritual
- "Grammy Awards: Seraphic Fire has two nominations". Retrieved 2016-08-11.
- "‘Miserere’ de Seraphic Fire, del canto llano directo al cielo". Retrieved 2016-08-11.
- Midgette, Anne (2015-11-11). "Seraphic Fire vocal ensemble proves a vivid visitor". The Washington Post. ISSN 0190-8286. Retrieved 2016-08-11.
|This article on a United States singing group is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|