|Founders||Steve West and AJ Berstenshaw|
|Headquarters||Auckland, New Zealand|
Serato (stylized in all lowercase; //) is a music software company.
Serato produces software used in digital music mixing, including digital vinyl record mixing for DVS records. Serato also produces software for DJ mixing, which has visual components including wave form beatmatching and other information about the sound being produced by the system. The software works with mainstream hardware, such as Roland, Denon, and Pioneer.
In 2018 Serato changed the names of its DJ software from Serato DJ to Serato DJ Pro, and from Serato DJ Intro to Serato DJ Lite. The new versions use 64-bit software architecture. Serato also partners with hardware developers such as Pioneer to create Serato controllers.
Serato developed a mobile app called Pyro, which automatically fades songs from a mobile device as they transition from track to track without prompting, and serves as a playlist creator drawing music from a device’s iTunes library. Pyro also comes preloaded with other song collections curated by different artists and labels.
- Downs, David; Dickinson, Michelle (29 January 2018). "No 8 Re-Charged: 202 World-changing Innovations from New Zealand". Penguin UK. p. 139 – via Google Books.
- Gopinath, Sumanth; Stanyek, Jason (1 March 2014). "The Oxford Handbook of Mobile Music Studies". OUP USA. p. 298 – via Google Books.
- Katz, Mark (1 May 2012). "Groove Music: The Art and Culture of the Hip-Hop DJ". Oxford University Press, USA. p. 220 – via Google Books.
- Steventon, John (8 October 2014). "DJing For Dummies". John Wiley & Sons. p. 141 – via Google Books.
- Borio, Gianmario (29 April 2016). "Musical Listening in the Age of Technological Reproduction". Routledge. p. 283 – via Google Books.
- "Serato DJ is now Serato DJ Pro in latest update". Music Radar.
- "Pioneer DJ launch new Serato controller: Watch". DJ Magazine. 31 May 2018.
- "Serato's new iPhone app will automatically DJ your party". The Verge.
- "Serato's new music app Pyro first and free in NZ". New Zealand Herald. 2 October 2015 – via www.nzherald.co.nz.
- "Serato Announces New Pyro iPhone App for Seamless Playlists". Billboard.