Serbia–Syria relations are foreign relations between Serbia and Syria. Serbia has an embassy in Damascus. Syria has an embassy in Belgrade. Also Syria is a member of the Non-Aligned Movement and Serbia is an observer.
Serbian citizens in Syria
Serbs living in Syria are for the most part women married to Syrians, and the Foreign Ministry in Belgrade puts their number in the hundreds. Some of the marriages are the legacy of close political and economic ties formed in the communist era between the Arab world and communist countries like Yugoslavia.
Syrian citizens in Serbia
By the first half of 2013, 432 citizens of Syria had requested asylum in Serbia.
- "Serbia to evacuate citizens from Syria because of worsening situation". Associated Press. 2 August 2012. Retrieved 29 September 2012.
- "Sirijci najbrojniji u centrima za azil". 021.rs. 03. 09. 2013. Check date values in:
- Serbian Ministry of Foreign Affairs about relations with Syria
- Embassy of Serbia in Syria
- Embassy of Syria in Serbia
|This article about politics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Serbia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Syria-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|