Serbia in the Eurovision Song Contest 2013
|Eurovision Song Contest 2013|
|Selection process||Beosong 2013|
2 March 2013
3 March 2013
|Selected entrant||Moje 3|
|Selected song||"Ljubav je svuda"|
|Semi-final result||Failed to qualify (11th, 46 points)|
|Serbia in the Eurovision Song Contest|
Serbia participated in the Eurovision Song Contest 2013 in Malmö, Sweden. The Serbian entry was selected their entry through Beosong 2013, a national final format consisting of a semi-final and a final, organised by the Serbian broadcaster Radio-televizija Srbije (RTS). Moje 3 represented Serbia with the song "Ljubav je svuda", which failed to qualify from the first semi-final of the contest, placing 11th and scoring 46 points.
On 28 November 2012, RTS announced that they would organize an open competition called Beosong that would consist of a semi-final, containing a maximum of 15 songs, and a final where the top five entries from the semi-final would compete for victory. The submission period opened on 1 December 2012 and was scheduled to close on 20 January 2013, however, an extension of one day was granted since the deadline coincided with a weekend. On 29 January, RTS announced that it had received 171 songs during the submission period and that a selection committee composed of music professionals would select the 15 competing entries. On 31 January, 15 songs were selected to compete in the semi-final round. The jury that selected the entries consisted of:
- Biljana Krstić (musical editor in Radio Belgrade)
- Momčilo Bajagić (musician and composer)
- Vladimir Maričić (composer and pianist)
- Dragoslav Stanisavljević (editor in chief for jazz section in RTS musical production)
- Dobroslav Predić (editor in musical section of RTS)
On 6 February, the performers for the 15 songs were confirmed.
The semi-final of Beosong 2013 was held on 2 March at RTS studio in Belgrade, hosted by television presenter Maja Nikolić with backstage interviews conducted by Gorica Nešović and Dragan Ilić. The running order for the semi-final was drawn on 18 February 2013 at RTS studios. SMS voting (up to 5 votes per phone number) exclusively decided the five finalists which proceeded to the final. Saška Janković, SKY's, Dušan Svilar, Marija Mihajlović and Moje 3 qualified to the final.
|Draw||Artist||Song (English translation)||Music & lyrics (m & l)||Televote||Place|
|1||Moje 3||"Ljubav je svuda" (Love is Everywhere)||Saša Milošević Mare (m), Marina Tucaković (l)||10,994||1|
|2||Igor Terzija||"Moja svetlosti" (My Light)||Aleksandar Filipović (m), Rastko Savić (l)||578||15|
|3||Maja Nikolić||"Blagoslov" (Blessing)||Marc Paelinck (m), Maja Nikolić (l)||769||11|
|4||Kal||"Kadifa usne" (Velvet Lips)||Dragan Ristić (m), Dušica Milanović - Marika (l)||1,553||7|
|5||Nenad Milosavljević||"Ruža od baruta" (Rose of Gunpowder)||Nenad Milosavljević (m/l), Vladimir Dulović (l)||1,495||8|
|6||Saška Janković||"Duga u tvojim očima" (Rainbow in Your Eyes)||Slobodan Boban Petrović (m/l)||3,628||3|
|7||Dušan Zrnić||"Što prolazim" (The Things I'm Going Through)||Ana Bojić Mrđen (m/l)||590||14|
|8||Maja Odžaklijevska||"Anđeo s neba" (Angel From Heaven)||Nikola Burovac (m), Sonja Buljan (l)||616||13|
|9||Dušan Svilar||"Spas" (Salvation)||Marko Đurašević Mahoni (m), Rastko Savić (l)||7,518||2|
|10||SKY's||"Magija" (Magic)||Sky Wikluh (m/l)||1,995||4|
|11||Ksenija Kočetova||"Svetla pale se za nas" (The Lights Are Lit For Us)||Maksim Kočetov (m), Ksenija Kočetova (l), Toni Malbašić (l)||618||12|
|12||Marija Mihajlović||"Halo" (Hello)||Nikola Čuturilo (m/l)||1,691||5|
|13||Aleksandra Dabić||"Savršen kraj" (The Perfect Ending)||Dobrivoje Marić – Čarli (m/l)||1,614||6|
|14||Kristina Savić||"Za tebe živim" (I Live For You)||Vojkan Borisavljević (m), Vladan Savić (l)||894||9|
|15||Žarko Stepanov||"Tren" (Moment)||Ivan Ilić (m/l)||894||9|
The final of Beosong 2013 was held on 3 March at RTS studio in Belgrade, hosted by television presenter Maja Nikolić with backstage interviews conducted by Gorica Nešović and Dragan Ilić. The five finalists from the semi-final competed with SMS voting (up to 5 votes per phone number) exclusively deciding the results. Moje 3 and the song "Ljubav je svuda" was the winner.
|1||Saška Janković||"Duga u tvojim očima"||6,471||3|
|5||Moje 3||"Ljubav je svuda"||25,959||1|
Serbia was allocated to compete in the first semi-final on 14 May for a place in the final on 18 May. In the first semi-final, the producers of the show decided that Serbia would close the semi-final and perform 16th, following Belgium. On stage, Moje 3 was joined by three backing vocalists: Dunja Vujadinović, Jelena Mitić and Ksenija Miloševic.
Points awarded to Serbia
|12 points||10 points||8 points||7 points||6 points|
|5 points||4 points||3 points||2 points||1 point|
Points awarded by Serbia
Points awarded in the first semi-final:
Points awarded in the final:
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Serbia in the Eurovision Song Contest 2013.|
- Leon, Jakov (14 May 2013). "We have our first ten finalists!". Eurovision.tv. Retrieved 14 May 2013.
- Brey, Marco (3 March 2013). "Moje 3 to represent Serbia!". Eurovision.tv.
- "Eurovision Song Contest 2013 Semi-Final (1)". Eurovision.tv. 18 May 2013. Retrieved 18 May 2013.
- Webb, Glen (28 November 2012). "Serbian entry to be chosen in Beosong 2013". Eurovision.tv.
- Конкурс за српску композицију продужен за један дан (in Serbian). RTS. 16 January 2013.
- Webb, Glen (29 January 2013). "Serbia: 171 songs submitted for Beosong 2013". Eurovision.tv.
- Webb, Glen (31 January 2013). "Serbia: RTS reveals the 15 semi finalists". Eurovision.tv.
- "Spisak izvođača i autora na „Beosongu 2013"" (in Serbian). RTS. 6 February 2013.
- "Towards "Beosong 2013"". RTS. 1 March 2013.
- Juhász, Ervin (18 February 2013). "Serbia: Running order drawn today". ESCXtra.
- Brey, Marco (2 March 2013). "Serbia: Five qualifiers for tomorrow's final". Eurovision.tv.
- Siim, Jarmo (17 January 2013). "Draw results: Who's in which Semi-Final?". Eurovision.tv.
- Siim, Jarmo (28 March 2013). "Eurovision 2013: Semi-Final running order revealed". Eurovision.tv.
- Brey, Marco (7 May 2013). "Stunning colourful dresses for Serbia's Moje 3". Eurovision.tv.
- "Eurovision Song Contest 2013 Grand Final". Eurovision.tv. 18 May 2013. Retrieved 18 May 2013.