Serb Democratic Forum
|Serb Democratic Forum
Croatian: Srpski demokratski forum
Serbian Cyrillic: Српски демократски форум
|Formation||8 December 1991|
|Purpose/focus||Protection of Serb minority rights in Croatia|
|Location||Ilica, Zagreb, Croatia|
|Official languages||Croatian and Serbian|
|Key people||Milorad Pupovac (founder and first president)|
Serb Democratic Forum (Croatian: Srpski demokratski forum, Serbian Cyrillic: Српски демократски форум) is an non-governmental organization of Serbs of Croatia, which in cooperation with national and international organizations and institutions, protects human rights, minority rights, develops and promotes inter-ethnic tolerance and understanding and tries to restore mutual trust and respect.
It is the first Serb non-governmental organization founded in Croatia in the context of the disintegration of Yugoslavia.[clarification needed] Forum is a voluntary, non-governmental, non-profit and non-partisan organization.
Forum has won numerous awards for his work in affirmation of human rights and civil society, most notably the Democracy and Civil Society Award in 1998, awarded by the U.S. and EU for promotion of democratic values.
Serb Democratic Forum-Youth Forum
|Serb Democratic Forum-Youth Forum
Croatian: Forum mladih SDF-a
Serbian: Форум младих СДФ-а
Shown within City of Zagreb
|Formation||21 December 2011|
|Legal status||informal youth interest group at SDF|
|Purpose/focus||Minority rights, Youth activism, Human rights, Social equality|
|Location||Draškovićeva, Zagreb, Croatia|
|Official languages||Croatian or Serbian|
Željana Modrinić(21 December 2013-)
Serbian Democratic Forum-Youth Forum (Croatian: Srpski demokratski forum-Forum mladih, Serbian Cyrillic: Српски демократски форум-Форум младих) is an informal group of youth, which is acting as an independent section and youth interest group within Serb Democratic Forum. It was founded on 21 December 2011 on the 20th anniversary of SDF. Group was founded by a group of former students of Serbian Orthodox Secondary School from Zagreb.
SDF-Youth Forum is a signatory of International Joint Statement of International Student Movement against the increasing commercialization and privatization of public education. In June 2013 SDF-Youth Forum publicly supported organizers of Zagreb Pride and urged its members as well as other members of Serbs of Croatia community to join event. In October 2013 in cooperation with group from Finnish municipality Muurame SDF Youth Forum conducted a project entitled "Focus on us!" funded by the European Union.
- Foto: Dragutin Šantoši. "Srpska sloga protiv Pupovčeva SDSS-a - Večernji.hr". Vecernji.hr. Retrieved 2014-01-18.
- [dead link]
- "www.wiserearth.org Coming Soon!". Wiserearth.org. Retrieved 2014-01-18.
- "Salto Youth- The partner finding tool-Serbian Democratic Forum-Youth Forum". Retrieved 2013-04-16.
- Forum mladih SDF-a. "Izvještaj o aktivnostima u 2012 godini" (PDF). Retrieved 2014-03-19.
- "International Joint Statement | International Student Movement". Ism-global.net. 2010-08-08. Retrieved 2014-01-18.
- Zagreb Pride. "Podrška Foruma mladih Srpskog demokratskog foruma". Retrieved 2014-03-19.
- Embassy of Finland in Zagreb (2013-10-25). "Youth Storm in Croatia". Retrieved 2013-11-09.
- Стратешки план СДФ-а од 2004—2009, Загреб, 2003.
- Срби у Хрватској 2007, Српско народно вијеће, Загреб, 2007.
- Iznad sudbonosnih okvira, Identitet, br. 100, jul 2006.