Serbs of Slovakia
Serbs in Komarno (1597)
|(698 (2011) )|
|Regions with significant populations|
|Eastern Orthodoxy (Serbian Church)|
|Related ethnic groups|
|other South Slavic people|
There is a small number of Serbs in Slovakia, mostly located in the southern town of Komárno, where they have been living since the 17th century. There has also been a historic minority in Bratislava (Požun), where many Habsburg Serbs studied. The number of Slovaks of Serb descent is hard to determine but nevertheless they are recognized as an official minority.
- Branko Radivojevic, Slovak ice hockey player of Serb parentage
- Marko Milinkovic, Serbian expatriate football player
- Martin Tešovič, Slovak weightlifter of possible Serb origin.
- Marek Krajčovič Slovak sprint canoeist of possible Serb origin.
- Slaven Dizdarević Slovak Serb decathlete.
- Mário Filipovič Slovak sport shooter of possible Serb origin.
- Miroslav Machovič Slovak swimmer of possible Serb origin.
- Gavril Stefanović Venclović Serb priest, writer, poet, orator, philosopher, and illuminator.
- Pavle Davidović Serb general, Knight of the Military Order of Maria Theresa.
- Igor Matovič Slovak politician of possible Serb origin.
- http://slovakheritage.org/Townsvill/komarnopride.htm. Missing or empty
- http://www.balkans.com/open-news.php?uniquenumber=47069. Missing or empty
|This Serbia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Slovakia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|