Serena Scott Thomas
|Serena Scott Thomas|
|Born||Serena Harriet Scott Thomas
21 September 1961
Nether Compton, Dorset, England
|Spouse(s)||Scott J. Tepper (1996–2004)|
Serena Harriet Scott Thomas (born 21 September 1961) is an English actress.
Scott Thomas was born in Nether Compton, Dorset. Her mother, Deborah (née Hurlbatt), was brought up in Hong Kong and Africa, and studied drama before marrying her father, Lieutenant Commander Simon Scott Thomas, a pilot in the Royal Navy who died in a flying accident in 1964. She is the younger sister of actress Kristin Scott Thomas, the niece of Admiral Sir Richard Thomas (who was Black Rod in the House of Lords), and a great-great-niece of Captain Scott, the ill-fated explorer who lost the race to the South Pole. Her surname is an amalgam of the surnames of those two families. The Scott Thomases also trace their lineage to Francis Godolphin, 2nd Earl of Godolphin, the owner of the famous Arabian horse Godolphin Barb.
Scott Thomas is known for her portrayal of the character Dr. Molly Warmflash in the 1999 James Bond film The World Is Not Enough as well as appearing in the 1993 TV film Harnessing Peacocks, based on the novel by Mary Wesley. She played a watcher in the Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode "Revelations", and starred in 2001's short lived series All Souls. Scott Thomas has also played Bruce Willis' wife and Rumer Willis' mum in Hostage, and appeared on hit television shows like Nip/Tuck and N.C.I.S.. Scott Thomas also played Diana, Princess of Wales in the 1993 television mini-series Diana: Her True Story based on the book of the same name written by Andrew Morton. She would also go on to play the role of Carole Goldsmith, mother of Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge in a biopic based on the romance the Duchess shared with her husband Prince William, Duke of Cambridge.
When not acting, she has worked as a Real Estate agent at Ewing & Associates and at Sotheby's International Realty.
Serena Scott Thomas was married to Scott J. Tepper, an American lawyer, from 1996 to 2004. Their daughter Tallulah Rose Tepper was born on 20 February 1997 in Los Angeles, California.
Since 2007 she has lived in Los Angeles with Vinnie Tortorich, a fitness expert and author of Fitness Confidential.
- Let Him Have It (1991)
- Harnessing Peacocks (1992, TV film)
- Diana: Her True Story (1993, TV film)
- Sherwood's Travels (1994)
- Bermuda Grace (1994, TV film)
- The Way to Dusty Death (1995, TV film)
- Clair de Lune (1995, TV film)
- Nash Bridges Kelly Bridges (1996,1997 TV series)
- Nostromo (1996)
- Relax...It's Just Sex (1998)
- The World Is Not Enough (1999)
- Skeleton Woman (2000)
- Code Hunter (2002)
- Haven (2004)
- Hostage (2005)
- The Thirst (2006)
- Brothel (2008)
- William & Kate (2011, TV film)
- Inherent Vice (2014)
- "Scene change". Melbourne: www.theage.com.au. 12 October 2003.
- Kristin Scott Thomas Biography (1960–)
- "Kristin Scott Thomas learning to be herself". The New Zealand Herald. The Observer. 7 March 2008. Retrieved 9 November 2011.
- ThePeerage.com : View topic – Scott Thomas family update[unreliable source?]