Serge Teyssot-Gay (French pronunciation: [sɛʁʒə tesɔtɡɛ] ( listen); born 16 May 1963, in Saint-Étienne, Loire) has been the guitarist of French rock group Noir Désir until 29 November 2010. He met the frontman of the band, Bertrand Cantat, at their school in Bordeaux (Lycée Saint-Genès) during the 1980s. Aside from Noir Désir, his other musical endeavours include :
- the trio "Zone Libre", which became a quintet for 2 albums and tours.
- the guitar-oud duo with Khaled AlJaramani known as Interzone.
- works with writers : music and literature
- He has also released two solo albums "Silence Radio" (1996) and "On croit qu'on en est sorti" (2000)
At the beginning of his music career, Serge favoured the use of the Gibson Les Paul guitar. However, since the release of Noir Désir's 1996 album 666.667 Club, a custom Fender Stratocaster closely resembling the Lite Ash model has become his most frequently used guitar. His brand new one is a Meloduende model "Black Sword".
With Noir Désir
With Zone Libre
- 2007 : Faites vibrer la chair
- 2009 : L'Angle Mort ( with Casey & Hamé )
- 2011 : Les Contes du Chaos ( with Casey and B.James)
- 2015 : Zone Libre PolyUrbaine ( with Mike Ladd and Marc Nammour)
With Joëlle Léandre
- 1993 : Hunger of a Thin Man by Théo Hakola
- 1997 : Blues Stories by Little Bob
- 1998 : 1000 Vietnam by Giorgio Canali
- 2000 : Faux-ami by Marc Sens
- 2001 : Who defecates in your head Bob? by Quincannon
- 2002 : Contre with Lydie Salvayre
- 2004 : Paris nous nourrit, Paris nous affame on the album "Regain de Tension" by the rap group La Rumeur
- 2006 : Dis pas ça with Lydie Salvayre
- 2007 : Je suis une bande ethnique à moi tout seul on the album "Du Cœur à l'Outrage" also by La Rumeur
- 2007 : Des millions de morts se battent entre eux by Krzysztof Styczynski
- 2007 : Je cherche (recorded in 2004) on the album "1997-2007 Les Inédits" by La Rumeur