Sergei Dmitrievich Orekhov (sometimes spelled: Sergey Dmitrievich Orehov) (in Russian: Сергей Дмитриевич Орехов) (1935–1998) was a Russian classical guitarist. A virtuoso on both the six- and seven-string guitars, Orekhov was among the most prominent performers and arrangers in the seven-string Russian guitar tradition.
- Гитара семиструнная - Seven-Stringed Guitar with Sergei Orekhov and Alexei Perfiliev (Алексей Перфильев); (1985, Мелодия С20 24391 00)
Guitars used by Orekhov
Among the guitars used by Orekhov, one finds
- Johann Gottfried Scherzer 1861
This guitar has a detachable neck. Its original neck has a configuration for 10 strings. Orekhov used a neck with the Russian 7-string configuration.
- Biography (encyclopaedia-music.narod.ru) (in Russian)
- Biography (www.ozon.ru) (in Russian)
- Biography (www.abc-guitars.com) (in Russian)
- Biography (www.romansy.ru) (in Russian)
- Audio Files (mp3) (in Russian)
|This article on a classical guitarist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Russian classical musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|