This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Sergei Nikolayevich Revin
|Born||January 12, 1966|
|Occupation||Lieutenant Colonel, Russian Air Force|
Time in space
|124 days 23 hours 52 minutes|
|Selection||1996 RKKE Group|
|Missions||Soyuz TMA-04M (Expedition 31/32)|
Sergei Nikolayevich Revin (born January 12, 1966 in Moscow) is a Russian cosmonaut that was selected in 1996, and completed spaceflight training in 1998. He served as a crew member aboard the International Space Station, having launched on his first spaceflight on 15 May 2012 and returned on 17 September 2012.
Revin is married to Irina Setyanova, and has one son, Yaroslav, who was born in 2000. He enjoys tourism, skiing and water skiing, balloon flights, photo and videotaping.
Revin graduated from the Moscow Institute of Electronic Technology in 1989 and was qualified as an engineer-physicist. He was a post-graduate student at the Moscow University for the Humanities and was qualified as Candidate of Pedagogic Sciences in 2013.
After graduation Revin worked as an engineer for the NPO IT, a scientific production organization of measuring equipment, in Kaliningrad, from 1989 until 1993. From 30 August 1993 until April 1996 he worked as an engineer at the NPO-Energia named in honor of Sergei Korolev.
In April 1996 Revin was enlisted to the NPO-Energia cosmonaut corps as a test cosmonaut candidate. From April 1996 to June 1998 he was taking basic space training course. On June 17, 1998 the Interdepartmental Qualification Board qualified him as a test cosmonaut.
From July 1998 to January 2011 he was a test cosmonaut of the Energia Rocket and Space Corporation. Since January 2011 he is a test cosmonaut of the Gagarin Cosmonaut Training Center. From October 1998 to April 2011 he took advanced training course, specializing on the International Space Station Program. Since April 2011 he trained as the Expedition 29/30 backup crew member specializing as the Soyuz TMA flight engineer and the ISS flight engineer.
Revin served as a Flight Engineer for the ISS long duration Expedition 31/32 missions. He launched aboard the Soyuz TMA-04M spacecraft on 15 May 2012 along with Soyuz TMA-04M crew members Gennady Padalka and NASA astronaut Joe Acaba. Revin and his fellow TMA-04M crew members docked with the International Space Station on 17 May at 4:36 UTC. Revin, along with Padalka and Acaba, landed in Kazakhstan on 17 September 2012.
- NASA (20 March 2012). "Preflight Interview: Sergei Revin". NASA. Retrieved 5 May 2012.
- NASA (January 2012). "REVIN SERGEI NIKOLAYEVICH". NASA. Retrieved 5 May 2012.
- "Роскосмос исключил из отряда трех космонавтов" (in Russian). TASS. Retrieved 2017-04-24.
- Albanesius, Chloe (15 May 2012). "3 Soyuz Astronauts Blast Off for Space Station". PC Magazine. Retrieved 15 May 2012.
- Harwood, William (17 May 2012). "Three-man crew docks at International Space Station". Spaceflight Now. Retrieved 17 May 2012.
- "Soyuz lands in Kazakhstan after ISS mission". RT. 17 September 2012. Archived from the original on 18 September 2012. Retrieved 17 September 2012.