|Deputy Secretary of the General Council of United Russia|
2011 – 26 Jule 2018
|Born||28 October 1976|
|Political party||United Russia|
Sergei Vladimirovich Zheleznyak (Russian: Серге́й Влади́мирович Железня́к; born 1970) is a Russian Member of Parliament. In 2007 he was elected as a member of State Duma and then became its Deputy Chairman as of June 2012. Member of the Committee on International Affairs of the State Duma. Prior to the political career he was an advertising, media, and public relations executive. Following his nomination he co-authored a law which allowed the government to block websites that it sees harmful for children. He also co-authored a law which would force internationally funded non-profit organizations to register as "foreign agents". In 2013 he spoke to RIA Novosti about prohibition of pedophilia in theatres after seeing a Golden Mask winner play called A Midsummer Night's Dream. In May of the same year Zheleznyak suggest the Duma to pass a bill that would make criticism of the World War II coalition member states' illegal and will be punished by imprisonment for up to 3 years. In June 2013 he told Economics and Life online journal that
The US, which presents itself as a bastion of democracy, has in fact been carrying out minute-by-minute surveillance of tens of millions of citizens of Russia and other countries.
Following this remark which was in reference to Edward Snowden's leak, he referred to anti-gay law in Russia that it is an American reproach of sticking their noses into the personal correspondence of tens of millions of Russian citizens.
His daughter Anastasia Zheleznyak lives in London.
- Alec Luhn (23 May 2014). "Russia toughens up punishment for separatist ideas – despite Ukraine". The Guardian. Retrieved 18 January 2015.
- "Duma Vice-Chair: Russian-speaking people in Ukraine risk 'genocide'". 13 March 2014. Archived from the original on 14 March 2014. Retrieved 18 January 2015.
- "United Russia to Dismiss Shamed Isayev as Party Ideologist". The Moscow Times. 8 November 2013. Archived from the original on 20 January 2015. Retrieved 18 January 2015.
- "Sergey Zheleznyak, proposed to prohibit the promotion of pedophilia in the theater". Black Bear Entertainment. 4 May 2013. Archived from the original on 20 January 2015. Retrieved 18 January 2015.
- "Russia needs to reclaim its 'digital sovereignty' from US, says MP". The Guardian. 19 June 2013. Archived from the original on 5 January 2015. Retrieved 18 January 2015.
- Elisabeth Braw (30 July 2014). "Educating Their Children Abroad Is the Russian Elite's Guilty Secret". Newsweek. Retrieved 18 January 2015.
- "Executive Order - Blocking Property of Additional Persons Contributing to the Situation in Ukraine". The White House - Office of the Press Secretary. 20 March 2014. Retrieved 7 April 2017.
- "Treasury Sanctions Russian Officials, Members Of The Russian Leadership's Inner Circle, And An Entity For Involvement In The Situation In Ukraine". US Department of the treasury. 20 March 2014. Retrieved 6 April 2017.
- "www.treasury.gov". 20 March 2014. Retrieved 6 April 2017.
- Specially Designated Nationals List (SDN)
- Shuklin, Peter (21 March 2014). "Putin's inner circle: who got in a new list of US sanctions". liga.net. Archived from the original on 7 February 2015. Retrieved 20 February 2016.
- President of The United States (19 March 2016). "Ukraine EO13661" (PDF). Federal Register. Retrieved 20 February 2016.