|• Total||1.46 km2 (0.56 sq mi)|
|Elevation||613 m (2,011 ft)|
|Population (Dec 2016)|
|• Density||97/km2 (250/sq mi)|
|Surrounded by||Rances, Valeyres-sous-Rances, Montcherand, Les Clées, L'Abergement|
Profile (in French), SFSO statistics
Sergey is first mentioned in 1321 as Sergeys.
Sergey has an area, as of 2009[update], of 1.5 square kilometers (0.58 sq mi). Of this area, 0.98 km2 (0.38 sq mi) or 67.1% is used for agricultural purposes, while 0.28 km2 (0.11 sq mi) or 19.2% is forested. Of the rest of the land, 0.21 km2 (0.081 sq mi) or 14.4% is settled (buildings or roads).
Of the built up area, housing and buildings made up 4.1% and transportation infrastructure made up 4.1%. Power and water infrastructure as well as other special developed areas made up 6.2% of the area Out of the forested land, 16.4% of the total land area is heavily forested and 2.7% is covered with orchards or small clusters of trees. Of the agricultural land, 51.4% is used for growing crops and 15.8% is pastures.
The municipality is located at the foot of Mont Suchet.
Coat of arms
Sergey has a population (as of December 2016[update]) of 141. As of 2008[update], 4.6% of the population are resident foreign nationals. Over the last 10 years (1999–2009 ) the population has changed at a rate of 31.1%. It has changed at a rate of 17.9% due to migration and at a rate of 14.2% due to births and deaths.
The age distribution, as of 2009[update], in Sergey is; 22 children or 15.8% of the population are between 0 and 9 years old and 17 teenagers or 12.2% are between 10 and 19. Of the adult population, 20 people or 14.4% of the population are between 20 and 29 years old. 23 people or 16.5% are between 30 and 39, 22 people or 15.8% are between 40 and 49, and 14 people or 10.1% are between 50 and 59. The senior population distribution is 13 people or 9.4% of the population are between 60 and 69 years old, 4 people or 2.9% are between 70 and 79, there are 4 people or 2.9% who are between 80 and 89.
As of 2000[update], there were 38 private households in the municipality, and an average of 2.8 persons per household. There were 6 households that consist of only one person and 5 households with five or more people. Out of a total of 39 households that answered this question, 15.4% were households made up of just one person. Of the rest of the households, there are 11 married couples without children, 18 married couples with children There were 2 single parents with a child or children. There was 1 household that was made up of unrelated people and 1 household that was made up of some sort of institution or another collective housing.
In 2000[update] there were 17 single family homes (or 58.6% of the total) out of a total of 29 inhabited buildings. There were 4 multi-family buildings (13.8%), along with 7 multi-purpose buildings that were mostly used for housing (24.1%) and 1 other use buildings (commercial or industrial) that also had some housing (3.4%). In 2000[update], a total of 37 apartments (92.5% of the total) were permanently occupied and 3 apartments (7.5%) were empty. As of 2009[update], the construction rate of new housing units was 0 new units per 1000 residents. The vacancy rate for the municipality, in 2010[update], was 0%.
In the 2015 federal election the most popular party was the SVP which received 59.4% of the vote. The next three most popular parties were the FDP with 13.4%, the SP with 11.1% and the Green Party with 7.3%. In the federal election, a total of 51 votes were cast, and the voter turnout was 52.0%.
As of 2010[update], Sergey had an unemployment rate of 4.2%. As of 2008[update], there were 10 people employed in the primary economic sector and about 4 businesses involved in this sector. No one was employed in the secondary sector. 2 people were employed in the tertiary sector, with 1 business in this sector. There were 51 residents of the municipality who were employed in some capacity, of which females made up 37.3% of the workforce.
In 2008[update] the total number of full-time equivalent jobs was 9. The number of jobs in the primary sector was 7, all of which were in agriculture. There were no jobs in the secondary sector. The number of jobs in the tertiary sector was 2, both in education.
In 2000[update], there were 2 workers who commuted into the municipality and 37 workers who commuted away. The municipality is a net exporter of workers, with about 18.5 workers leaving the municipality for every one entering. Of the working population, 9.8% used public transportation to get to work, and 64.7% used a private car.
From the 2000 census[update], 12 or 11.1% were Roman Catholic, while 73 or 67.6% belonged to the Swiss Reformed Church. Of the rest of the population, there were 4 individuals (or about 3.70% of the population) who belonged to another Christian church. 19 (or about 17.59% of the population) belonged to no church, are agnostic or atheist, and 1 individuals (or about 0.93% of the population) did not answer the question.
In Sergey about 47 or (43.5%) of the population have completed non-mandatory upper secondary education, and 7 or (6.5%) have completed additional higher education (either university or a Fachhochschule). Of the 7 who completed tertiary schooling, 57.1% were Swiss men, 28.6% were Swiss women.
In the 2009/2010 school year there were a total of 21 students in the Sergey school district. In the Vaud cantonal school system, two years of non-obligatory pre-school are provided by the political districts. During the school year, the political district provided pre-school care for a total of 578 children of which 359 children (62.1%) received subsidized pre-school care. The canton's primary school program requires students to attend for four years. There were 10 students in the municipal primary school program. The obligatory lower secondary school program lasts for six years and there were 11 students in those schools.
- Arealstatistik Standard - Gemeindedaten nach 4 Hauptbereichen
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office - STAT-TAB, online database – Ständige und nichtständige Wohnbevölkerung nach institutionellen Gliederungen, Geburtsort und Staatsangehörigkeit (in German) accessed 30 August 2017
- Sergey in German, French and Italian in the online Historical Dictionary of Switzerland.
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office-Land Use Statistics 2009 data (in German) accessed 25 March 2010
- Nomenklaturen – Amtliches Gemeindeverzeichnis der Schweiz Archived 2015-11-13 at the Wayback Machine. (in German) accessed 4 April 2011
- Flags of the World.com accessed 07-August-2011
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office - Superweb database - Gemeinde Statistics 1981-2008 (in German) accessed 19 June 2010
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office accessed 07-August-2011
- STAT-TAB Datenwürfel für Thema 40.3 - 2000 Archived 2013-08-09 at the Wayback Machine. (in German) accessed 2 February 2011
- Canton of Vaud Statistical Office (in French) accessed 29 April 2011
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office STAT-TAB - Datenwürfel für Thema 09.2 - Gebäude und Wohnungen Archived 2014-09-07 at the Wayback Machine. (in German) accessed 28 January 2011
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office STAT-TAB Bevölkerungsentwicklung nach Region, 1850-2000 Archived 2014-09-30 at the Wayback Machine. (in German) accessed 29 January 2011
- "Kantonsliste A-Objekte". KGS Inventar (in German). Federal Office of Civil Protection. 2009. Archived from the original on 28 June 2010. Retrieved 25 April 2011.
- Elections au Conseil national 2015: Force des partis et participation, par commune (in French) accessed 2 April 2016
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office STAT-TAB Betriebszählung: Arbeitsstätten nach Gemeinde und NOGA 2008 (Abschnitte), Sektoren 1-3 Archived 2014-12-25 at the Wayback Machine. (in German) accessed 28 January 2011
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office - Statweb Archived 2012-08-04 at Archive.is (in German) accessed 24 June 2010
- Organigramme de l'école vaudoise, année scolaire 2009-2010 (in French) accessed 2 May 2011
- Canton of Vaud Statistical Office - Scol. obligatoire/filières de transition (in French) accessed 2 May 2011
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sergey, Switzerland.|