March 14, 1981 |
|FIDE rating||2615 (March 2017)|
|Peak rating||2674 (November 2010)|
In 1995 he won the European under-14 championship. In 2006 he won a rapid tournament held in Banyoles and shared first place with Gabriel Sargissian and Tigran L. Petrosian in the 8th Dubai Open. In 2008 he tied for 1st–8th with Vugar Gashimov, David Arutinian, Yuriy Kryvoruchko, Konstantin Chernyshov, Andrei Deviatkin, Vasilios Kotronias and Erwin L'Ami in the Cappelle-la-Grande Open tournament. In 2009 he tied for 1st–2nd with Murtas Kazhgaleyev in the Paris City Chess Championship and came first at Nantes. He won the Paris Championship of 2012. Fedorchuk tied for 1st–8th with Sanan Sjugirov, Parimarjan Negi, Maxim Rodshtein, Eric Hansen, Vlad-Cristian Jianu, Alexei Fedorov and Yuri Vovk in the 2013 Cappelle-la-Grande Open. In February 2014, Fedorchuk tied for first with Baadur Jobava and Mikhailo Oleksienko, placing second on tiebreak, in the David Bronstein Memorial in Minsk. Soon afterwards he won the 2014 Vladimir Petrov Memorial, a rapid tournament held in Jūrmala, Latvia.
- Sergey A Fedorchuk vs Rainer Buhmann, WCh U18 Boys 1999, French Defense: Tarrasch Variation. (C09), 1-0
- Sergey A Fedorchuk vs Ivan Sokolov, World Cup 2009, Sicilian Defense: Nimzowitsch. Closed Variation (B29), 1-0
- "S. Kasparov at Banyoles Tournament". Armchess.am. 2006-08-29. Retrieved 2 May 2010.
- "Fedorchuk, Sargissian, Petrosian win 8th Dubai Open". ChessBase. 2006-05-10. Retrieved 2 May 2010.
- "GM Vugar Gashimov wins Cappelle la Grande". Chessdom. Retrieved 2 May 2010.
- Mihajlova, Diana (2009-09-02). "Murtas Kazhgaleyev wins Ile-de-France Paris Championship". ChessBase. Retrieved 2 May 2010.
- "Tournament report March 2010: 8 Open de Nantes". World Chess Federation. Retrieved 2 May 2010.
- Ramirez, Alejandro (2014-02-20). "Three winners in Minsk". ChessBase. Retrieved 11 October 2015.
- "Sergey Fedorchuk winner of Vladimir Petrov Memorial 2014". Chessdom. 2014-02-24. Retrieved 9 October 2015.
- Sergei Fedorchuk team chess record at OlimpBase.org
- Sergey A Fedorchuk games at 365Chess.com
- Sergey Fedorchuk player profile and games at Chessgames.com
|This biographical article relating to a Ukrainian chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|