Karasev with the Cavaliers
|No. 10 – Brooklyn Nets|
|Position||Shooting guard / Small forward|
October 26, 1993 |
Saint Petersburg, Russia
|Listed height||6 ft 7 in (2.01 m)|
|Listed weight||196 lb (89 kg)|
|NBA draft||2013 / Round: 1 / Pick: 19th overall|
|Selected by the Cleveland Cavaliers|
|2010–2013||Triumph Lyubertsy (Russia)|
|2013–2014||→Canton Charge (D-League)|
|Career highlights and awards|
Sergey Vasiliyevich Karasev (Russian: Серге́й Васильевич Карасёв; born October 26, 1993) is a Russian professional basketball player for the Brooklyn Nets of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He previously played for Triumph Lyubertsy. He was drafted with the 19th pick in the 2013 NBA draft by the Cleveland Cavaliers.
After playing for the Triumph Lyubertsy Under-23 team in 2009–10, Karasev joined the senior team for the 2010–11 PBL season. Karasev averaged 16.1 points per game during the 2012–13 season of the 2nd-tier European league, the Eurocup. On April 3, 2013, Karasev decided to declare for the NBA draft.
Karasev was selected with the 19th overall pick by the Cleveland Cavaliers in the 2013 NBA draft. On August 20, 2013, he signed his rookie scale contract with the Cavaliers. During his rookie season, he had multiple assignments with the Canton Charge of the NBA Development League.
On July 10, 2014, Karasev was traded to the Brooklyn Nets in a three-team trade involving the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Boston Celtics. On October 24, 2014, the Nets exercised their third-year team option on Karasev's rookie scale contract, extending the contract through the 2015–16 season. On March 11, 2015, he was ruled out for the rest of the 2014–15 season after being diagnosed with a dislocated patella and a torn MCL of the right knee, along with multiple loose bodies in the knee joint.
NBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
Russian national team
Karasev was a regular Russian junior national team representative as he competed at the 2009 FIBA Europe Under-16 Championship, won a silver medal at the 2010 FIBA Europe Under-18 Championship, and a bronze medal at the 2011 FIBA Under-19 World Championship.
Karasev is the son of former Russian international player and current Zenit Saint Petersburg head coach, Vasily Karasev. He also used to play under his father during his time with Triumph Lyubertsy, as well as for Russia's national team during Eurobasket 2013.
- "7 - Sergey Karasev". nbadraft.net. Retrieved July 22, 2012.
- "Sergey Karasev 2013 NBA Draft Profile". ESPN.com. Retrieved July 22, 2012.
- KARASEV, SERGEY – Welcome to Eurocup
- NBA Draft 2013: Russian guard Sergey Karasev declares
- Cavaliers Sign 2013 Draft Picks to Contracts
- 2013-14 NBA Assignments
- Brooklyn Nets Acquire Jarrett Jack and Sergey Karasev
- Brooklyn Nets Exercise Options on Plumlee and Karasev
- SERGEY KARASEV MEDICAL UPDATE
- "Team Russia Profile – 2012 Olympic Men". FIBA.com. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- Taylor, Jeff (April 29, 2012). "A great Russian tale". FIBA.com. Retrieved July 22, 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sergey Karasev.|
- Career statistics and player information from NBA.com, or Basketball-Reference.com
- Eurocupbasketball.com profile
- FIBA.com profile
- DraftExpress.com profile