Karasev with the Cavaliers
|No. 7 – Zenit Saint Petersburg|
|Position||Shooting guard / Small forward|
|League||VTB United League|
|Born||October 26, 1993|
Saint Petersburg, Russia
|Listed height||6 ft 7 in (2.01 m)|
|Listed weight||208 lb (94 kg)|
|NBA draft||2013 / Round: 1 / Pick: 19th overall|
|Selected by the Cleveland Cavaliers|
|2016–present||Zenit Saint Petersburg|
|Career highlights and awards|
Sergey Vasiliyevich Karasev (Russian: Серге́й Васильевич Карасёв, Karasyov; born October 26, 1993) is a Russian professional basketball player for Zenit Saint Petersburg of the VTB United League. He previously played for Triumph Lyubertsy. He was drafted with the 19th pick in the 2013 NBA draft by the Cleveland Cavaliers.
After playing for the Triumph Lyubertsy Under-23 team in 2009–10, Karasev joined the senior team for the 2010–11 PBL season. Karasev averaged 16.1 points per game during the 2012–13 season of the 2nd-tier European league, the EuroCup. On April 3, 2013, Karasev decided to declare for the NBA draft.
Karasev was selected with the 19th overall pick by the Cleveland Cavaliers in the 2013 NBA draft. On August 20, 2013, he signed his rookie scale contract with the Cavaliers. During his rookie season, he had multiple assignments with the Canton Charge of the NBA Development League.
On July 10, 2014, Karasev was traded to the Brooklyn Nets in a three-team trade involving the Cavaliers and the Boston Celtics. On October 24, 2014, the Nets exercised their third-year team option on Karasev's rookie scale contract, extending the contract through the 2015–16 season. On March 11, 2015, he was ruled out for the rest of the 2014–15 season after being diagnosed with a dislocated patella and a torn MCL of the right knee, along with multiple loose bodies in the knee joint.
Zenit Saint Petersburg
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
Russian national team
Karasev was a regular Russian junior national team representative as he competed at the 2009 FIBA Europe Under-16 Championship, won a silver medal at the 2010 FIBA Europe Under-18 Championship, and a bronze medal at the 2011 FIBA Under-19 World Cup.
Karasev is the son of former Russian international player and current Zenit Saint Petersburg head coach, Vasily Karasev. He also used to play under his father during his time with Triumph Lyubertsy, as well as for Russia's national team during EuroBasket 2013.
- "7 - Sergey Karasev". nbadraft.net. Retrieved July 22, 2012.
- "Sergey Karasev 2013 NBA Draft Profile". ESPN.com. Retrieved July 22, 2012.
- KARASEV, SERGEY – Welcome to Eurocup
- NBA Draft 2013: Russian guard Sergey Karasev declares
- Cavaliers Sign 2013 Draft Picks to Contracts
- 2013-14 NBA Assignments
- Brooklyn Nets Acquire Jarrett Jack and Sergey Karasev
- Brooklyn Nets Exercise Options on Plumlee and Karasev
- SERGEY KARASEV MEDICAL UPDATE
- Lopez scores 23 to lead Nets past Pacers 120-110
- "Сергей Карасев продолжит карьеру в "Зените"". basket.fc-zenit.ru (in Russian). 1 July 2016. Retrieved 1 July 2016.
- "Team Russia Profile – 2012 Olympic Men". FIBA.com. Archived from the original on November 25, 2015. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- Taylor, Jeff (April 29, 2012). "A great Russian tale". FIBA.com. Archived from the original on September 29, 2012. Retrieved July 22, 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sergey Karasev.|