Dest with the United States U20 in 2019
|Full name||Sergiño Gianni Dest|
|Date of birth||November 3, 2000|
|Place of birth||Almere, Netherlands|
|Height||1.71 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|2016–2017||United States U17||5||(0)|
|2018–2019||United States U20||10||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 23:49, 10 November 2019 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 01:44, 16 November 2019 (UTC)
Dest played for the youth academy of Almere City FC until 2012, when he made the switch to the youth teams of Ajax. After progressing through the ranks of the club, he made his debut for Jong Ajax on October 15, 2018, Jong Ajax, in a 2–1 loss against Jong PSV. Dest impressed over the course of the 2018–19 season, making 17 appearances in the Dutch Eerste Divisie and tallying one goal and two assists. He also scored one goal and provided one assist in seven appearances in the prestigious UEFA Youth League.
On July 27, 2019, Dest made his debut for the Ajax first team in an official game, when he started the 2019 Johan Cruyff Shield match, a derby against PSV Eindhoven. Ajax won the match, 2–0, and in consequence, the title. On August 10, 2019, Dest debuted in the Eredivisie, replacing Noussair Mazraoui in the 54th minute of the Ajax 5–0 home win against FC Emmen.
Dest was born in the Netherlands to a Surinamese-American father and a Dutch mother, but has represented only the United States at youth and full international level. He represented the United States U-17s at the 2017 FIFA U-17 World Cup, and the United States U-20s at the 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup, where he played 4 matches. Dest debuted for the U.S. men's senior team on September 6, 2019, starting and playing 68 minutes in a 3–0 friendly loss against Mexico. Dest chose to commit his international future to the United States at the senior level on October 28, 2019.
- As of match played November 10, 2019
|Jong Ajax||2018–19||Eerste Divisie||17||1||—||—||—||17||1|
- "Sergiño Dest". US Soccer. Retrieved August 3, 2019.
- "18-Year-Old American Sergiño Dest Goes Full 90 In Ajax Senior Debut". The 18. July 28, 2019. Retrieved August 3, 2019.
- "Ajax vs. PSV 2 - 0". Soccerway.com. Retrieved July 28, 2019.
- "Ajax 5 - 0 Emmen". Soccerway.com. Retrieved August 12, 2019.
- "ASN: Sergino Dest, 16, Is Opening Eyes at the U-17 World Cup". americansoccernow.com.
- Dest debuts against Mexico as US makes 6 changes
- "Sergiño Dest". Soccerway. Retrieved August 3, 2019.
|This biographical article related to an American soccer defender is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|