Sergio Boris (footballer)
|Full name||Sergio Boris González Monteagudo|
|Date of birth||26 May 1980|
|Place of birth||Avilés, Spain|
|Height||1.82 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|2004–2005||→ Córdoba (loan)||11||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 7 January 2018|
Born in Avilés, Asturias, Boris was a youth product of local Real Oviedo's youth ranks. He appeared once for the first team during 1998–99, a 0–3 La Liga away loss against Valencia CF on 29 May 1999, and became first-choice for the subsequent seasons as the team suffered top flight relegation in 2001.
Boris then joined Real Sociedad, being an historic signing as he was the first Spanish native player from outside the Basque Country to be signed by the club for 35 years. After appearing in 25 games in the side's runner-up campaign in the league, he played almost no part in the following years, also serving an unassuming loan stint with Córdoba CF (second division) in 2004–05, where he was inclusively ousted from the squad for more than two months.
Released, Boris signed with CD Numancia in the same level, being a key defensive element as the team from Soria returned to the top tier in 2008 after a three-year hiatus. In June 2011, after only 18 league appearances in his last two seasons combined – just three matches in the latter – the 31-year-old left the club and returned to his hometown with his very first football club Real Avilés, in the fourth level.
- El Valencia presiona (Valencia press on); Mundo Deportivo, 30 May 1999 (in Spanish)
- "Boris acabará con 30 años de tradición en la Real" [Boris to end 30-year tradition at Real]. ABC (in Spanish). 6 August 2002. Retrieved 6 September 2012.
- "Boris, primer español no vasco en la Real" [Boris, first non-Basque Spaniard at Real]. El Mundo (in Spanish). 13 August 2002. Retrieved 12 February 2018.
- El Córdoba readmite a Boris tras estar casi tres meses apartado (Córdoba reinstate Boris after nearly three months); Terra, 15 March 2005 (in Spanish)
- La Real Sociedad traspasa al defensa Sergio Boris al Numancia, donde jugará las dos próximas temporadas (Real Sociedad transfer defender Sergio Boris to Numancia, where he will play the next two seasons); Terra, 26 July 2006 (in Spanish)
- El ex oviedista Boris ficha por el Avilés (Former Oviedo man Boris signs for Avilés); La Nueva España, 20 August 2011 (in Spanish)