|Born||30 May 1933|
|Died||11 October 2005 (aged 72)|
Sergio Citti (30 May 1933 – 11 October 2005) was an Italian film director and screenwriter, born in Rome. He often worked with Pier Paolo Pasolini, but also worked for others such as Ettore Scola. His own films include We Free Kings, for which he won a Silver Ribbon for Best Original Story.
His 1981 film Il minestrone was entered into the 31st Berlin International Film Festival. His 1977 film Beach House was shown as part of a retrospective on Italian comedy at the 67th Venice International Film Festival.
- Ostia (1970)
- Bawdy Tales (1973)
- Beach House (1977)
- Happy Hobos (1979)
- Il minestrone (1981)
- Sogni e bisogni (TV miniseries, 1985)
- Mortacci (1989)
- We Free Kings (1996)
- Esercizi di stile, segment Anche i cani ci guardano (1996)
- Cartoni animati (co-directed with Franco Citti, 1997)
- Vipera (2001)
- Fratella e sorello (2005)
- Accattone (1961) - Waiter
- Kill Them All and Come Back Alone (1968) - Soldier (uncredited)
- Festival (1996) - (final film role)
- Enrico Lancia (1998). I premi del cinema. Gremese Editore, 1998. ISBN 8877422211.
- "IMDB.com: Awards for Il minestrone". imdb.com. Retrieved 30 August 2010.
- "Italian Comedy - The State of Things". labiennale.org. Archived from the original on 1 August 2010. Retrieved 1 August 2010. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Obituaries in the Performing Arts, 2005: Film, Television, Radio, Theatre, Dance, Music, Cartoons and Pop Culture. 24 October 2008. ISBN 9780786452101.
|This article about an Italian film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|