Sergio Grasso (born Venice, 11 November 1955) is an Italian food-anthropologist, food-writer, voice-artist, playwright and filmmaker.
Grasso is well known, all over Italy, under the nickname "The Gastrosopher", he received thanks to his numerous TV appearances, in the last 15 years, on the most popular TV programs of the RAI television network (such as: Linea Verde, Rai Unomattina, "La Prova del Cuoco") focused on food, gastronomy and cookery.
Professor of "Sensory Analysis", "Ethnofood" and "Social History of Food", Grasso taught "History and Evolution of Taste" at the University of Teramo and many post-graduate Masters of Marketing for food, agriculture and tourism education. Grasso teaches Food-Anthropology at the Etoile Academy in Tuscany.
As filmmaker, Grasso has produced and directed documentaries for numerous companies in industry (Magneti Marelli, Giovanni Rana, De Rigo Group, Montedison, EFIM Group) and in tourism (in Greece, Turkey, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Bahamas etc.).
Grasso had a twenty-year career as a voice-artist for movies and commercials. He was responsible for self-promotion and official voice of the Italian network Retequattro (1983–1990) and the pay-TV Telepiù (1991–1993). Grasso has become familiar to millions of viewers of the morning TV programs “VERDEMATTINA” and "LA VECCHIA FATTORIA" in 1997/2000.
During the next few years, Grasso participated in "RAIUNO-MATTINA" with his own section on food, land and ethical and social aspects of nutrition. In 2004 Grasso edited the anthropological and historical content of the Reality Television Show, “LA FATTORIA-1870”. On RadioRAI, Grasso led “DUE DI NOTTE” while participating in the morning wake-up "PRIMA DEL GIORNO”. In 2005/2006 Grasso was court-technical and "mentor" of the daily program "LA PROVA DEL CUOCO" (Ready, steady, cook!) on RAIUNO. Since 2009 Grasso has appeared on “RAIUNO-MATTINA” and “LINEA VERDE” (the celebrated Sunday TV-magazine).
In 2008, Grasso staged five new pieces on food at the "Primavera della Scienza" at the University of Teramo.
Director of the monthly Metegustose, Grasso writes for many magazines and newspapers as food critic and expert. He has published "La cucina del buonsenso", (with Giuseppe Bigazzi) "Viaggio in Toscana" and co-authored "Le Spezie della Salute".
- "The Gastrosopher"
- Linea Verde(in Italian)
- Rai Unomattina(in Italian)
- "La Prova del Cuoco"(in Italian))
- Etoile Academy
- Italian National Institute of Mountaineering
- K2 - 2004 (in Italian)
- "LA VECCHIA FATTORIA"
- RAIUNO-MATTINA (in Italian)
- "Le tentazioni della Carne” (in Italian)
- "Alcologia di Socrate” (in Italian)
- talk-food (in Italian)
- mineral water (in Italian)
- cheeses (in Italian)
- "Primavera della Scienza" (in Italian)
- Metegustose (in Italian)
- food expert (in Italian)
- "La cucina del buonsenso" (in Italian)
- "Viaggio in Toscana" (in Italian)
- "Le Spezie della Salute" (in Italian)
- Il Commensale: Mediterraneans - a Journey Through Italian Food History 18 January 2010 (in Italian)
- Zagone, Piera. Cronache di Gusto: Il vino dell'Etna sull'Etna 4 March 2011 (in Italian)
- Cronache di Gusto: Contrade, che tris! 11 March 2011 (in Italian)
- Marina, Cristina. Interview with Sergio Grasso: Un filosofo ai fornelli September 2002. (in Italian)
- Italian Tribune 4 November 2010.
- Il Cuoco No. 297, Jan/Feb 2011.
- Quotidiano Nazionale: Il sapore antico delle Serate Estensi (photograph) (in Italian)
- La Nazione 10 January 2008 (in Italian)
- La Repubblica 16 January 2001 (in Italian)
- Official website(in Italian)