Llull warming up with Real Madrid
|No. 23 – Real Madrid|
November 15, 1987 |
Mahón, Menorca, Spain
|Listed height||6 ft 3.75 in (1.92 m)|
|Listed weight||210 lb (95 kg)|
|NBA draft||2009 / Round: 2 / Pick: 34th overall|
|Selected by the Denver Nuggets|
|2005–2006||→ Finques Olesa|
|Career highlights and awards|
Sergio "Sergi" Llull Melià (ser-HIO YU-y; born November 15, 1987) is a Spanish professional basketball player for Real Madrid of the Liga ACB. He is a 6 ft 3 ¾ in (1.92 m) tall point guard-shooting guard.
Llull began his career playing for the La Salle Maò and CB i Unió Manresana junior clubs as a youth. He made his professional debut with the Spanish ACB League club Manresa during the 2005–06 season. He also played with the (Spanish 4th Division Spanish club Finques Olesa that season, on loan. He returned to Manresa and played in the Spanish 2nd Division the next season.
In 2009, Real Madrid exercised a club option to extend his contract for another 2 years. In 2010, Llull extended his contract with Real Madrid through the year 2014. He was named the MVP of the final of the mid-season three game 2012 Spanish King's Cup tournament.
In 2014–15 season, Real Madrid won the Euroleague, after defeating Olympiacos with 78–59 in the final game. Real Madrid eventually finished the season winning the Spanish League championship, after 3–0 score in the final series against Barcelona. With that trophy, they have won the triple crown. He was also named the Spanish League Finals MVP of 2015. In the summer of 2015, Llull once again extended his contract with Real Madrid, this time through the 2020–21 season.
Llull was chosen by the Denver Nuggets, with the 34th pick in the 2009 NBA Draft. The Houston Rockets then bought his draft rights from the Nuggets, for approximately $2.25 million, making him the most expensive player ever to be purchased during the draft's second round.
Spanish national team
As a member of the junior Spanish national basketball teams, Llull won the gold medal at the 2004 FIBA Europe Under-18 Championship and he won the silver medal at the 2007 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship. He has also played with the senior men's Spanish national basketball team. He won two gold medals at the EuroBasket, in 2009 and 2011, and he also played at the 2010 FIBA World Championship.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||PIR||Performance Index Rating|
Note: The Euroleague is not the only competition in which the player participated for the team during the season, he also played in domestic competition.
|†||Denotes seasons in which Llull won the Euroleague|
Awards and accomplishments
- Liga ACB champion:
- Copa del Rey champion:
- Supercopa de España champion:
- Euroleague champion:
- FIBA Intercontinental Cup champion:
Spanish national team
- 2004 FIBA Europe Under-18 Championship: Gold
- 2007 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship: Silver
- FIBA EuroBasket 2009: Gold
- FIBA EuroBasket 2011: Gold
- 2012 Summer Olympic Games: Silver
- FIBA EuroBasket 2013: Bronze
- All-Euroleague Second Team: 2011
- Spanish King's Cup MVP: 2012
- All-ACB Team: 2012, 2015
- Spanish Supercup MVP: 2014
- ACB Finals Most Valuable Player Award: 2015
- FIBA Intercontinental Cup MVP: 2015
- Eurobasket.com Sergio Llull Profile.
- "REAL MADRID, Llull agree until 2014". Euroleague.net. July 19, 2010. Retrieved 2012-08-20.
- "Sergio Llull signs contract extension through 2014". Realmadrid.com. July 19, 2010. Retrieved 2012-08-20.
- Euroleague.net REAL MADRID extends Llull through 2018.
- Sportando.net Real Madrid extends Sergio Llull till 2018.
- "Real Madrid is Euroleague champion for record ninth time!". euroleague.net. 17 May 2015. Retrieved 18 July 2015.
- "Real Madrid make it 4 out of 4". marca.com (in Spanish). 24 June 2015. Retrieved 24 June 2015.
- Real Madrid re-signs star guard Llull until 2021.
- "Sergio Llull es la segunda ronda más cara de la historia del 'draft' de la NBA }" (in Spanish). Marca.com. Retrieved 2012-08-20.
- Sergio Llull at acb.com (Spanish)
- Sergio Llull at eurobasket.com
- Sergio Llull at eurobasket2013.org
- Sergio Llull at euroleague.net
- Sergio Llull at fiba.com
- Sergio Llull on Twitter